SuperCoupe - Words of Motivation

decipha

I know there's quite a few of us that have ongoing projects with our supercoupes and getting close to the end of the year with Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years right around the corner, most folks will have more honey-do's around the house and less time to tinker

I know I personally procrastinate quite a bit and my work schedule is so hectic when I do get free time the last thing in the world I want to do is get dirty working on the bird

However there are a few things that have helped me out along the way and I thought it would be worthwhile to share to maybe help out in the motivation department for others

1) I find dranking a few beers before getting dirty to work well

2) having a friend that shares an interest in supercoupes is a major benefit, however, having someone to help pass tools/beers will streamline the process and make it much easier to get work done

3) Garages are nice but a simple canopy/enclosure/tint can be had cheap and make a big difference

4) do not go from outside to inside too often, try not to take breaks, this will typically cause a loss of work pace and a desire to procrastinate longer

5) tyvek suites or disposable coveralls make it much easier to transition from under car/greasy work to over hood /less greasy/ in car work with a simple suit change (I very much dislike being dirty)

6) keep an interest in your project by looking over everything every few days, even if its to go out and cleanup some tools thrown about or just to check over the car, this helps out significantly and will keep you interested in the project

7) set reasonable goals, and take things in steps, NEVER focus on more than one modification at a time, for example, don't rebuild the engine and replace all the interior at the same time, this will cause a lack of production and increase overall time significantly

8) use the tools and equipment you have, the worse thing in the world is to hold off on something because theres an easier way, that's more so an excuse to procrastinate

9) remember that the supercoupes are already rare cars and are becoming more scarce as time goes on, even today there are very few nice supercoupes cruising the streets

10) don't be hesitant to spend money, these are older cars now with the 89s being 25 years old in 2 months and a week, you can almost guarantee suspension components will be worn, also worth noting is that they are eligible for antique plates, and being an antique the more attention you give to detail the happier you'll be

but most importantly, a supercoupe only runs like a supercoupe, with tight suspension and a responsive engine, they are by far one of the most appealing cars I've ever driven.

Being in the business I'm in I have had the privilege to drive some very expensive, exotic, luxury, and high performance vehicles, and I can honestly say no other vehicle has ever given me the drivers confidence the supercoupes do, they have a feel all of there own and are very predicatable, I've never had to worry about overcompensating a controlled slide or having any one of my supercoupes weight shift, they really are a well built and designed vehicle.

7) set reasonable goals, and take things in steps, NEVER focus on more than one modification at a time, for example, don't rebuild the engine and replace all the interior at the same time, this will cause a lack of production and increase overall time significantly

This is the one I am guilty of the most. I not only have multiple projects on a single car, but multiple projects on multiple cars, and since my efforts and money get spread out over so many projects, everything ends up taking a lot longer to get done.

It helps having a friend who is into SC's help. I have a friend who has been around SC's but is just now starting to work on his own so I've been helping him since I know these things like the back of my hand. Now that his is back on the road, we can shift the focus to getting my car done... but its getting cold and I live 5 hrs from where he lives and where my car is so I only get up there 1-2x a month.

Back