PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder head reassemby question

Falcon20x
10-28-2013, 11:06 PM
I just bought a pair of heads. The seller says he had them pressure

1. The heads look almost brand new, but they came disassembled. Everything I read say to make to put the valves and springs in the original location but I have no way to know what was where.
What can I do ?

2. The manual also says the intake and exhaust valve stem seals are not interchangeable. I have fel-pro head gasket kit which include the stem valves seals. How do I identify which one are intake or exhaust seals?

Thanks

Jacob_Royer
10-29-2013, 03:44 AM
I just bought a pair of heads. The seller says he had them pressure

1. The heads look almost brand new, but they came disassembled. Everything I read say to make to put the valves and springs in the original location but I have no way to know what was where.
What can I do ?

2. The manual also says the intake and exhaust valve stem seals are not interchangeable. I have fel-pro head gasket kit which include the stem valves seals. How do I identify which one are intake or exhaust seals?

Thanks

If the seals are different than why are they all marked the same and in one bag together? Nonsense I say! The intake and exhaust VALVES are different... if you are concerned take them to a shop that does automotive machine work. They will not charge you very much to assemble the heads and for peace of mind have them check everything out. IMO its worth spending a few bucks on that considering what a p.I.t.a. it is to remove/reinstall the heads