Circle Track

ben m

Does anyone race circle track stock car events with an SC? How is your car set up? I might have to settle for Autocross in this area which I realize would be an completely different setup.

I don't know anyone who does circle track with these cars except for a guy on TCCoA years ago who ran dirt events. Are you talking dirt or asphalt circle track?

I autocross if you have any specific questions.

I don't know anyone who does circle track with these cars except for a guy on TCCoA years ago who ran dirt events. Are you talking dirt or asphalt circle track?

I autocross if you have any specific questions.

I have what amounts to a rolling chassis from my 1991 that I bought in 2000 and has been sitting since 2004. I just was thinking if I could get into a low budget entry level racing scene that I could get my family or a couple friends in and have some fun so really any sort of racing would be okay.

I ran some hot laps in an old NASCAR around Gateway this past weekend and it got my racing bug up again.

3.8SC wouldnt take the abuse unless you put some money into it. Go with a 302 ~250hp would be easy and cheap to get with E7TE heads and a mild cam, 5.0 headers. Use a carb with a duraspark blue module and distributer. Keep it floored the whole time. Thats how guys are making it over here with low hp cars. They stay cool and are still easy on fuel.

Remove the rear sway bar. Im hearing from guys that race late square body impalas doing that keeps the inside tire on the ground also keeps the car from spinning out. Hard to believe, but it works.

Run a slightly narrower rim on the outboard side. Will give you a little bit taller tire on the outside canting the car inboard and you can use the same tire size. Depending on what the restrictions are of course.

Not sure what to set the alignment to. Someone else would have to chime in.

Thanks HwyStar, I planned on running a carbed V8, most likely a 302 and not trying to make a ton of power just enough to remain competitive.

Back