how much boost will an after market pcv valve leak

figulaz

SCCoA Member
Am I missing out on a couple psi with an after market pcv valve? After reading some threads I checked my pcv valve and I can blow through it? I plan on putting a check valve in line or does anyone know a known substitute part number or make and model of a boosted car that works?

Doesnt quite work like that. PCV is connected on the non pressurized side, inlet side of the SC. So, either close to zero vacuum, or vacuum. No boost.

Thanks...that makes sense. I just read how it should seal one way and thought I was pressurizing my crank case and losing boost at the same time.

Just test them like you're doing and go with the one that seals the best. I've found some that don't seal at all :)

If there ever was an SC specific PCV, I haven't been able to find it new today. Every time I have someone look it up by application, the reference goes to something different and almost generic now.

I grabbed a MOTORCRAFT EV76-C PCV from Rock Auto (USD$5.06 + shipping) that seals better than any other I've tried so far. Works at the angle ours sits at too. Comes with the elbow adapter.

EV-76-C
D9DZ-6A666-A

I believe the original application was '80s turbo mustang.

It's white plastic - I got the last one Rock Auto was showing, but if you can find one (not a crossed over generic!)...it should do the trick.

Also, since a new grommet is cheap, best to replace it while you're in there: Dorman/PCV Grommet 42049

A Motorcraft EV-93 (D7AZ-6A666-A) in black plastic also seals well - if you grab a used one, don't forget the elbow adapter if your old one isn't serviceable. Just be sure no cracks, etc. Replace if questionable. The PCV on our cars can be a pain to get to sometimes, so best to do it right while it's apart, etc.

Last edited:
Back