Tell me what you guys think of these wheels

davec73

SCCoA Member
I am considering putting these gt500 20x9 front 20x10 rears on my car. My buddy sold his mustang and is going to give me a killer deal on them. However I will have to buy new rear tires because the drag radials are way too big. That being said I am just looking for opinions good or bad.
20s_zps95e83687.jpg

20s2_zps5759337e.jpg

20s3_zps720f4fe9.jpg

Not really liking them ...the fr500s look good on some cars and not others... they look good on gt500s and 99/04 stangs but don't on 94/98s or fox body's.. really not getting into them on the Sc myself. Cobra R's or saleens look much better.

Its hard to tell from the close photos in that perspective. If its a good deal you can always re-sell them if they do not grow on you...

They are all pitted, from the pics..

The rears are overwhelming the car.

Better pics are needed.
No they just have rain all over them they are new the rear tires are over 28 tall they would have to be swapped out with 285 30 20s and they would be just a tad taller than the 17s.

Hard to see because of the water spots. wipe them down and take more pictures, you'll get much better responses.

20" seems too big, definitely need bigger brake rotors, are you still running OE in the back?

Those are pretty nice wheels, but I think a set of 18" Saleens (black) or 18" Cobra Rs (black) would look a lot better on your car.

David

Still too damn big. 20s belong on ridiculous over the top show cars, and trucks that never leave the pavement, and that is it. Some matte black 17" or 18" FR500 wheels would look good, but I really think you had the look of that car nailed with the old 17s. Don't fix what ain't broke.

ok I think ive decide not to go this route if I do anything it will be black and no bigger than 18

ok I think ive decide not to go this route if I do anything it will be black and no bigger than 18

19's are where it's at :)

Seriously though, Micah's car looks real good with 20's. I think it really depends on the specific wheel.

Dave,
Find yourself a better place to display your trophies...............:eek:

I too think that 18" wheels are the best looking size for our cars. Black rims just look sinister but I am a little biased...........what else can I say.

scsideviewpic.jpg

Last edited:
Dave,
Find yourself a better place to display your trophies...............:eek:

I too think that 18" wheels are the best looking size for our cars. Black rims just look sinister but I am a little biased...........what else can I say.

scsideviewpic.jpg

LOL thanks keith I will tell my wife you said my trophies need a room lol. Those are some of my motocross and extreme dirt track trophies that arnt allowed out of the garage. I fount a set of 18s today I think im going to pull the trigger on.
blackandred_zpsb9f55f7c.jpg

Attachments

• black and red.jpg
    black and red.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back