Paging Pro Street Rich. 03 Cobra ???'s

Robert Kohlman

My friend is finally getting his Cobra built this week. I told him that he can make the car increase in power a substantial amount with just a few mods.

Who is making aftermarket exhaust for the Cobra? I told him to do that first before any other mod. I saw the dual TB at BBK and he wants to do that. What size MAF should we put on the car? Also, what size OD pulley do you recommend for the supercharger and do you know a part # for it?

I think that an exhaust and pulley will be the best bang for the buck to start. Larger MAF and TB and CAI should follow those two up from what I have seen and read about the new Cobra.

Thanks,

Bob

Hey Robert, for a bunch of opinions, try www.corral.net ... pretty good message forums there, they have a specific mod. motor forum. There have been lots of threads about modifying the 03 Cobras, people are getting amazing numbers out of them without much work ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks Ed,

I will check there also. I have heard from several reliable sources that close to 500 hp can be had for around $1,000 in modifications.

My friend is driving with me about 200 miles Thursday to pick up a 95 SC that I am buying. So I owe him some advice + install. I already have built a 425 HP supercharged 5.0 Mustang and he wants his Cobra to pound mine into the ground.

Bob

Tim,

I don't understand your statement "What's a behind me is not a my concern"? To me, that just doesn't make sense.

Are you meaning to say "What's behind me is not my concern" ?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just thought maybe you made a mistake.

Italian

It's spelled with an Italian accent. This came from the movie Cannonball where an Italian guy gets into a Ferrari, rips off the rear view mirror and says " Whats a behind a me is not a my concern"

Oh, gotcha now. You might want to point that out in your signature with a reference to the Cannonball Run. Otherwise, some people might think you type like a 4th grader. We do have some of those people on this site. :D

Going fast and having fun

First off, Sorry Robert, I don't look over here offen, and some one said that you rang my bell. As for getting that cobra going, there is a chip out for these cars that really brings them alive. You can also go with the pullys and exhaust,but there is some talk that the exhaust is already pretty good. With a chip,pullys, and a better cold air setup it is said that times in the LOW 12's are the norm.... Also as someone else has said,check out the mustang pages and you willl see some really quick cars hanging at that place. Either way good luck with your buddys cobra and go and kick some Z06 butt.....Rich

Thanks Rich,

I did a lot of research last night. I agree that the exhaust is pretty good already. I think that doing mufflers, a pulley and a chip looks to get the Cobra into the low 12's.

I smoked a Z-06 in my supercharged 5.0 LX. He was pissed and he wouldn't even look at me as I was laughing. HEHE!

Bob

Back