late model ported blower whats next. please need advise from the pros.

kw90supercoupe

So i have a 90 and i bought a late model ported blower and a magnum powers inlet. I rebuilt the heads put mls gaskets and arp head studs so the top end should handel the extra power. But when i put the new blower on i think i need 75mm tb and maf, maybe 42lbs injectors 195 or 225lpf fuel pump. I also wanted to find a fmic. I have high flow cats and flowmasters on the back end. Tell me if that would ne a good comvo please. And is their a tune i can do to make all of this work togeather with the car that i can do at home. Dont want to pay for dyno if i change more stuff than i would havet o redyno... i think. Please correct me if im wrong. Need some advice.

You are right on with your combo. Get a 255lph FI fuel pump and eventually a FMIC. To even run the combo you need at least 42lb injectors but you might want to just get 60's instead.

As for a tune, I can easily create a chip that will set the EEC up for your mods and not require a dyno tune to work correctly. However, it is my opinion that a dyno pull should be performed anytime a combination is changed significantly. You don't have to pay for a full on dyno tune, just get a print out and if corrections are required, send it to me to have that done.

The ultimate solution for tuning is to get a QH so that you can make your own adjustments or have an update emailed to you, but that is not necessary as long as the motor is internally stock. You'll still need to have your tune dyno verified, the difference is you'll be able to make the changes yourself and your changes will be more accurate.

Highly recommend the fmic or double ic! I'm running basicly the same combo with a mild cam and my car pulls timing bad due to acts! At the end of the 1/4 mile I'm at 13° timing! Which equated to a best of 15.0 and 205/275 on the dyno. Do yourself a favor and upgrade the IC ! Btw those crap numbers are running an IC fan too. Now if you run a stock blower pulley or maybe a stock early pulley (3% od on a late model) than you're acts won't be out of this world like mine are at 10%

Sweet well im deff going want to do this sometime this winter. I will get ahold of u when i get the rest of the parts.

How much overdrive can i run on the blower. I can do more with the 60lb injectors right

With the stock intercooler you'll run out of intercooler long before you run out of injector. I don't know quite where that line would be drawn, but I think it's gonna hurt you to go more than 10% on the stock ic.

With the stock intercooler you'll run out of intercooler long before you run out of injector. I don't know quite where that line would be drawn, but I think it's gonna hurt you to go more than 10% on the stock ic.

Anything more than 5% is too much on a late model with stock IC unless you only drive in the winter! it will feel really good taking off and fall on its face in a city block lol

So i have a 90 and i bought a late model ported blower and a magnum powers inlet. I rebuilt the heads put mls gaskets and arp head studs so the top end should handel the extra power. But when i put the new blower on i think i need 75mm tb and maf, maybe 42lbs injectors 195 or 225lpf fuel pump. I also wanted to find a fmic. I have high flow cats and flowmasters on the back end. Tell me if that would ne a good comvo please. And is their a tune i can do to make all of this work togeather with the car that i can do at home. Dont want to pay for dyno if i change more stuff than i would havet o redyno... i think. Please correct me if im wrong. Need some advice.

That is my old blower, I use to run it 33% OD and it still was making power but that was with a huge front mount and snow kit. I would suggest 85mm TB, MAF and large filter. I don't know how far you want to go with the car but I would get 60's and a 255 fuel pump. If you do want to go with 42's Let me know I have a set here, They should be fine if you only plan for 20% or so over drive on the blower.

2 3/4" piping (2.75) but you can run as big of an IC core as you can fit between the front frame rails. Cheap e-bay kits seem to work if you can make your own mounting brackets.

Back