air filter question

aplvlydrtybird

hey there everyone, i was just wondering if it would be a good or bad idea to buy a conical K&N filter for my 91 stock sc, i have the panel but i was thinking about getting rid of the box(silencer is already remoived) and putting jsut a conical filter on there. Is this smart?? and if this is smart and i want to get one, what size would i want for a stock MAFS? Thanks guys!

I would say keep the panel filter there. The reason why is that with the stock airbox there it pulls fresh air from under the bumper cover. I cut the tube out of the silencer, leaving the studs, and then put the tube back in place it's about 4" dia. Then ran a piece of dryer duct to the foglight hole.

I also ran a 7" cone filter, but didn't like the fact that it was pulling hot air from the engine compartment.

I couldn't tell the difference from either setup, and neither could my G-tech.

Jeff

I got the conical filter from SC performance and it fit just fine after unscrewing the computer thing that sits just in front of the filter. I noticed a more noise came from the engine intake and you could actually hear the supercharger. As for performance I really dont know if its done anything though.

Here's an idea.....

Follow the link provided to Stephen Crist's site and take a look at the DenseCharger system at the bottom of the page. It is an economical cold air intake with the K&N conical filter included. (costs somewhere around $100.00 shipped). I have one on my '92. Delivery was quick, install was easy, price was right........Check it out

(this was no compensation provided for this unsolicited endorsement.......)

http://cncperformanceparts.com/tbird.htm

Back