helpp need to find a new rag joint

90scmn12

Found out the rubber in my rag joint split and the car is all over the road i called advanced and ford I can't find one anyone know where I can get one asap

Replace it with a flaming river steering u-joint. It will have much better steering feel, and you'll never have to worry about it again.

there won't be a direct replacement, but i know for a fact that you will find the new rubber in the HELP! section. I think they're dorman parts.

there won't be a direct replacement, but i know for a fact that you will find the new rubber in the HELP! section. I think they're dorman parts.

I think they only sell two sizes, which are both wrong.

Junkyard or Flaming River, etc. The Flaming River rag joints (if they have one that fits) are like $100.

I think they only sell two sizes, which are both wrong.

Junkyard or Flaming River, etc. The Flaming River rag joints (if they have one that fits) are like $100.

Do you know the part number of the Flaming River joints? I called them and they couldn't give me any info on which fit.

You know, I just checked their site ... I think maybe they don't offer the proper rag joint. I thought they did.

We need a 3/4-36 connection at the rack, and a 3/4-DD stub shaft on the other end.

I am only seeing a 3/4-30 rack connection on the Flaming River rag joints with a stub shaft. There being no way to convert the splined connection, it might be better to get something like this Borgeson:

http://www.borgeson.com/xcart/catalog/3_436_X_3_4DD-p-595.html

And put a stub shaft in.

Here is the flaming river joint. In addition to this, you will need a small length of 3/4 DD steering shaft a few inches long.

Here is the flaming river joint. In addition to this, you will need a small length of 3/4 DD steering shaft a few inches long.

I'm not seeing the link. I don't know if the problem is on my end or if you left it out.

I know the U-joint is available. But the rag joint seems to be something that Flaming River doesn't carry in the right size.

it seems to me that we used to get a new rubber piece and instal it into a rag jt. I bet you can find that in an after market stiffer material.

it seems to me that we used to get a new rubber piece and instal it into a rag jt. I bet you can find that in an after market stiffer material.

It should be pretty simple. For whatever reason, the right diameter one is not available. Very annoying.

Back