alternator ??

anlo

got a Taurus alternator to swap out on my 95 ive noticed late models have 3 wires as well just different coloring . question is do I just splice in the new pigtail connector to the 3 existing wires ? the middle is usually omitted for early model conversion.. but not quite sure which way to proceed with this deal.. the pully replacement and lip on the case I have under control but the wiring im still struggling with.. any ideas ?/

got a Taurus alternator to swap out on my 95 ive noticed late models have 3 wires as well just different coloring . question is do I just splice in the new pigtail connector to the 3 existing wires ? the middle is usually omitted for early model conversion.. but not quite sure which way to proceed with this deal.. the pully replacement and lip on the case I have under control but the wiring im still struggling with.. any ideas ?/

This thread has the info you are looking for.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107109&highlight=alternator

David

thanks dave

yes ive read that thread a few times. just never saw any reference to using all three wires //// tested fitment seems perfect no re clocking needed.. middle wire will be a no*brainer but figuring which outside wires go which terminal is all that's left. I figure just splice em and if its not charging just switch em around.... gotta get old pully off and im ready to test it out... old alt is fine just bearing worn making an annoying noise..

yes ive read that thread a few times. just never saw any reference to using all three wires //// tested fitment seems perfect no re clocking needed.. middle wire will be a no*brainer but figuring which outside wires go which terminal is all that's left. I figure just splice em and if its not charging just switch em around.... gotta get old pully off and im ready to test it out... old alt is fine just bearing worn making an annoying noise..

These two photos from that thread should answer your question.

attachment.php

attachment.php

David

i also have been looking into the ALT mod since i plan to run a larger audio system in my sc. mike singer is working on building a 250amp alt for it. once it is completed ill post what type that we find to work out the best and ill also post singers contact info for other members here. he builds pretty much any alt amp size that you want(stock to 500amps), powder coats, installs additional ground points and has no problem entertaining new idea's. since im even still on deployment it should be roughly 2months from now for this projects completion.

Back