I need some Advise, Please

HD Windrider

I recently bought a pair of Super Coupes 1989 and a 1991 From a Friend. The 91 Starts and runs but the Second is a Highly Modified Car formally Owned by Dave Glista in Alexandria Va. It was Vandalized by some Punks and the Busted the Window out and the trunk Lock off to steal the Stereo. And I can't get it to Start. I checked the Ineria Switch it was ok,I put a fuel pressure Gauge on it and it went to 40 psi ,There is no fire to the Plugs. The Computer Processor had a Chip in it put the control Switch was gone. I talked to Bill at Super Coue Performance and he recommended that I take the cover off of the Pcm and remove the Switch. That didn't Help ! I'm thinkin it could be the trigger unit on the Distutor or the Processor. Please help if you can,I'd like to pt this SC back on the Road :) Wayno

?

So you turn the key it cranks but no fire? A couple usual suspects could the ignition switch, DIS module, crank sensor, possible cam sensor but when my cam sensor was bad I could cycle the key on/off till it hit the right cylinder to fire. Sometimes after 2 sometimes 5 times.

Thanks for you reply

Yes that's right,It will crank and not Start, We changed the Ignition Control Module and Coli Pack from the 1991 Parts car.I will try to cycle the Key like you suggested ,Thanks Wayno

Are you seeing an up-shift indicator light on the dash when cranking ? If you are it's an indicator that the crank sensor isn't working. Most common cause of the crank sensor failing is because of a broken balancer. Look at the crankshaft pulley while the motor is cranking to see if it is wobbling, also check to see if the bolt that holds the balancer to the crankshaft is still there.

David

/

I tried the Crank to start thing 12 times, No Go And I tried the Check the upshift lite thing and its only on when the key is on and goes out when you crank it. I checked for the Crank Balancer bolt and it seemed tight. I'll check the balancer and ring for Rr Runout or Damage when my Son comes by this evening. I thank all of you for your help :)

Wayno, Keyser Wv the Old Fords Home

If the light goes out when you crank it your crank sensor and pulley are okay. You said the car was vandalized. Has it been sitting for a little while before that? If so just check for poor or corroded connections. And if they stole the sound system like you said im sure they wernt gentle about it. They could have possibly shorted out the car. Have you checked your fuse pannel? Also do you get a check engine light when you first turn the key on without cranking?

Do the fans come on when you turn the key on? if so its an eec problem if not I would swap the dis in from the other car

?

I swapped all the fuses out of the other car at the Power distribution Box under the hod but no good ,I'll check all the fuses in the fuse box. Thanks

/

I went thru all the fuse Insise and under the Hood at the Power distibution box and put the 91 fuses in the 89 car, Still no Start so I put the 89 fuses in the 91 and it runs ???

/

I forgot that the rear tray that holds the ride control module and radio stuff was tore out of the car but anll the stuff is still hooked up iy looks like :) Thanks Again Guys :)

/

I'm Diasble because I wrecked a 71 Maverickwith a 514 tryin it out here in the neighbor hood ans broke my Neck (c-2 and c-) Broke 4 lower vertebra and had Internal and head Injured, But I never was right anyway. So thank you guys for your Help and Support and I'm trying to get back with it :) I Rememer I had a New in the Box Scanner by Snapon I bought right before the accident and I put it on the car and it had a few Fast codes but nothing to keep it fron running and the Hard code was the Pcm Was Bad and I checked all the grounds And added one to the Pcm its self from the Door post. I think a Pcm will fix be up :) Thanks again for all your help :)

I'm Diasble because I wrecked a 71 Maverickwith a 514 tryin it out here in the neighbor hood ans broke my Neck (c-2 and c-) Broke 4 lower vertebra and had Internal and head Injured, But I never was right anyway. So thank you guys for your Help and Support and I'm trying to get back with it :) I Rememer I had a New in the Box Scanner by Snapon I bought right before the accident and I put it on the car and it had a few Fast codes but nothing to keep it fron running and the Hard code was the Pcm Was Bad and I checked all the grounds And added one to the Pcm its self from the Door post. I think a Pcm will fix be up :) Thanks again for all your help :)

Wayne I thought that's what it was because you said the fans where still coming on with the chip out of it. If you listen the fuel pump probably stays on as well. The 89 90 eec will work in that car if its an 89
possibly an early model 91. 91 1/2 to 93 are the same.

Back