PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Carcraft street machine nationals !

Jacob_Royer
11-18-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.streetmachinenationals.net/events

Back in du quion for 2014!!! This is a must attend event! Looks to be the weekend of June 28th! Put this one on you're schedules! We had a really good turnout in 2013 let's do it again!

SC Freak
11-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Man.... I would love to attend. Hopefully I will be there. Thanks for the heads up.

davec73
11-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered

racecougar
11-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Had a great time last year, but unfortunately we already have plans for that weekend this year.

nmcbchief
11-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I will definately be there. We will set up in the same place as last year. Need to get there early Friday morning.

davec73
11-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Had a great time last year, but unfortunately we already have plans for that weekend this year.

Yeah I only got to go one day last year so I missed out. Thats not the date of your wedding is it Rod?

Jacob_Royer
11-18-2013, 10:22 PM
I will definately be there. We will set up in the same place as last year. Need to get there early Friday morning.

Yes that spot was ideal ! Right by food water electricity and bathrooms! I would like to get over on the paved side (like where Duane had his lightning parked)

Kurt K
11-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Yes that spot was ideal ! Right by food water electricity and bathrooms! I would like to get over on the paved side (like where Duane had his lightning parked)
....and all of the dust. I'd vote to try and get a slightly better location if I'm there. Not sure if I will be able to make it yet....way too early to know.

davec73
11-18-2013, 10:54 PM
....and all of the dust. I'd vote to try and get a slightly better location if I'm there. Not sure if I will be able to make it yet....way too early to know. It was dusty everywhere from all of the guys I talked to. I am going to grab all of the spots along the road where we had the popups setup instead of twd the lake that way all of our cars are lined up by the pavement instead of the gravel road by the lake and there are also shade trees on that side.

racecougar
11-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Thats not the date of your wedding is it Rod?

Nope. That'll be later in the year.

And that dust was absolutely terrible. In the twelve years I've owned my car, that was the first time I had to actually use a garden hose under the hood. I've yet to wipe down the underside of the car...not looking forward to it.

Jacob_Royer
11-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Nope. That'll be later in the year.

And that dust was absolutely terrible. In the twelve years I've owned my car, that was the first time I had to actually use a garden hose under the hood. I've yet to wipe down the underside of the car...not looking forward to it.

I just used an air hose on mine that's why I love having everything under the hood powder coated :) I think we will be much better on the paved side

Nettlesd
11-19-2013, 02:36 PM
I would like to get over on the paved side (like where Duane had his lightning parked)

All the cool dudes (Chis Wise and myself) park on the paved side. :D

Jacob_Royer
11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
All the cool dudes (Chis Wise and myself) park on the paved side. :D

Valet parking attendant Clark assigned everyone else's parking spots!

nmcbchief
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Valet parking attendant Clark assigned everyone else's parking spots!

LMAO!!!! He needs a whistle and badge.

David Neibert
11-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Kathy and I are planning to attend, but will have to wait until it gets a little closer to commit.

David

davec73
11-19-2013, 05:40 PM
LMAO!!!! He needs a whistle and badge.

What are you guys talking about? Kurt sundays son was the valet lol you guys drove my car more than a did lol my car was originally parked on that side and I was told to move it by coors light spokesmodel jroya.

Jacob_Royer
11-19-2013, 06:16 PM
What are you guys talking about? Kurt sundays son was the valet lol you guys drove my car more than a did lol my car was originally parked on that side and I was told to move it by coors light spokesmodel jroya.

Even the 442 guy asked if you wanted him to move his car!

Nettlesd
11-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Same as David. We're in but will confirm when the date gets closer.

Jacob_Royer
11-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I haven't registered because I have yet to decide what car I'm bringing lol. With a couple cosmetic fixes the five speed car looks better but its complete boredom under the hood .... the auto car is much better for burnouts plus adding another street machine nationals sticker would be cool...decisions decisions

davec73
11-23-2013, 09:08 PM
I haven't registered because I have yet to decide what car I'm bringing lol. With a couple cosmetic fixes the five speed car looks better but its complete boredom under the hood .... the auto car is much better for burnouts plus adding another street machine nationals sticker would be cool...decisions decisions

5 speed car it isnt boring to everyone. Plus you vould drive it there snd back

Jacob_Royer
11-23-2013, 09:54 PM
5 speed car it isnt boring to everyone. Plus you vould drive it there snd back

It is pretty darn cool to have a unmolested stock clean SC.. BUT i would drive the red car there and back no problem.. only reason that i trailered it to youre house last year was i literaly put it back together the night before i left! i'm not that brave lol. Plus i didnt have it tuned yet and it ran like total garbage! I've racked up a good 5/6k on the car since June! I'm going to install new tranny and fuel lines while im off for thanksgiving (possibly the snow kit if you get it dropped off lol). I have put 3k plus on the five speed in the few weeks ive had it with no problems whatsoever. Maybe taking it on a trip to kansas city next month!

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 01:54 PM
We probably should start looking into hotel accommodations soon I'm assuming Marion is probably as close as a person can get

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
It looks like there is a Super 8 two blocks from the fairgrounds also Fairgrounds inn which I seem to remember it almost being part of the fairgrounds. I'm sure they are not nearly as nice as the Hampton BUT the location would be nice if we could get in.

davec73
01-23-2014, 02:35 PM
I am probably going to rent an rv and stay in the campground

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I am probably going to rent an rv and stay in the campground

Do they have rentals that are already setup in the campground? You are going to miss the tbu parking lot party!

davec73
01-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Do they have rentals that are already setup in the campground? You are going to miss the tbu parking lot party!

No silly I have a rv rental place right down the road and the campground is on the fairgrounds right up the hill from where we parked. That way you dont have to get a hotel room . We can attend the concerts and all of the entertainment without having to worry about getting popped for drinking and driving. If anyone else is game for going in to do this the rv place is close to my house and not much more expensive than getting a room.

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 03:26 PM
No silly I have a rv rental place right down the road and the campground is on the fairgrounds right up the hill from where we parked. That way you dont have to get a hotel room . We can attend the concerts and all of the entertainment without having to worry about getting popped for drinking and driving. If anyone else is game for going in to do this the rv place is close to my house and not much more expensive than getting a room.

Hmmm interesting. Reason I asked is the big campground at holiday world has rental rvs permanently setup.

davec73
01-23-2014, 06:10 PM
I am going to check into the motorhome or trailor and see what the cost is and I will post it on here. I am thinking I will get one that will at least sleep 6. That way we have a shower and a place to come chill out when everyone else is trying to rush out of the fairgrounds. I figure we could sit around a camp fire drink beer and play flipy cup and all that fun stuff.

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 07:04 PM
I am going to check into the motorhome or trailor and see what the cost is and I will post it on here. I am thinking I will get one that will at least sleep 6. That way we have a shower and a place to come chill out when everyone else is trying to rush out of the fairgrounds. I figure we could sit around a camp fire drink beer and play flipy cup and all that fun stuff.

That does not sound like a bad option. Although the caravan of SC's blasting down to Marion at 85/90mph was a site to see

davec73
01-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah I bet but I dont need a DUI and I plan on hittin it pretty hard for a couple days. Kurt sunday needs to come and drink some of your beer!

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Yeah I bet but I dont need a DUI and I plan on hittin it pretty hard for a couple days. Kurt sunday needs to come and drink some of your beer!

I need to add a locking cooler to my list of stuff to bring :D Last year I thought Kurt sunday was actually at the event because of how fast my beer was leaving the cooler but I found out it was actually you lol

Jacob_Royer
01-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Any info on the camper deal yet? Also wondering how much a actual camp site will cost?

davec73
01-27-2014, 08:11 PM
No Its 5 months away havnt been in a real rush but I will investigate further when its not below 0 lol.

Jacob_Royer
01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
No Its 5 months away havnt been in a real rush but I will investigate further when its not below 0 lol.

Well you are really motivated!

davec73
04-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I have secured a 28ft trailer with a pop out and all the creature comforts for the campground for the street machine nationals this year. If any of the local guys are still planning on going and want to stay on the campground so there is no commuting back and forth to a hotel 20 min away please let me know. Or if you would like to rent your own it is 400 for the weekend plus 20 per night for a camping spot. All the drinking and flippy cup one can stand with no worry of a commute is priceless in my opinion lol.

Jacob_Royer
04-15-2014, 05:00 AM
I'll see what I can do..

davec73
04-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Yeah I guess so but I wont be ready to go on any of the other excursions but this one before the shootout so im trying to make the best of it.

Plat0ribs
04-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Unless something tragic comes up I'll be down for this, probably spend Friday night and maybe Saturday night on site with you Dave, and if you manage to have a weber laying around I'd be happy to burn some meat for to eat.

Who knows what I'll be driving by then but if the SHO is done and healthy I'll bring it, otherwise I'll be rolling in my 89 5-speed junker.

I suppose I could ride the bike down but I'm not sure my old bones can handle that many miles!

Regardless, looking forward to it.

davec73
04-15-2014, 03:51 PM
If you want to bring your ride into the fairgrounds you can register early on family event website or you can register when you arrive for a few more bucks.

nmcbchief
04-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Great time to be had at DuQuoin again this year. Loved all the cars last year plus getting to see some of the club members was great also. I am already registered and looking forward to it again. My car isn't "show" condition but its still a good time hanging out and having a few cold ones.

davec73
04-15-2014, 05:26 PM
None of our cars are the caliber it takes to win an award at this event but its a heck of a good time!

davec73
05-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Went through the fairgrounds today and scoped out a spot for all of you planning to attend. I also rented a campsite and a camper that sleeps six for us to use and anyone who is interested is welcome to stay, it sleeps 6 comfortably. Please chime in if you plan on attending the turn out for this event should be much better than last year as they have loosened up the rules and law enforcement this year.

David

Jacob_Royer
05-28-2014, 06:42 PM
So far:

David Clark
Randy Hunercoch
Jacob Royer
Dan Thornsberry
Kurt Sunday ??

davec73
05-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Kurt said he is going if his parents have left town I just dropped his tq convertor off to him today.

The TBU crew has been very silent because of the hrpt and I don't blame them I would rather do the hrpt myself but my car is no where near worthy of making the trip.

So this is the perspective head count I had
1. Kurt Sunday
2. J Roya
3. Randy Hunerkoch
4. Dan Thornsberry
5. Chris Gates?
6. Ken Claus?
7 David Neibert?

I hope for more to join in as this event should be a bit better this year and I hope for as many guys and gals to come as possible.

Kurt K
05-28-2014, 09:11 PM
I would rather do the hrpt myself but my car is no where near worthy of making the trip.

I don't know what you are talking about. You're car is definitely more show worthy than mine...without a doubt. I think you're just afraid to drive it 3000 miles :)

davec73
05-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Yeah I am scared to death to drive it 100 miles still kurt lol. I really want to go on the power tour with you guys in the near future so maybe next year I will have it running well enough to give it a try. As for the show worthy part Kurt your car is one of the best looking Super Coupes out there and its damn dependable too. I have been through the mill with issues the past couple of years and I am hoping that will soon be over.

Jacob_Royer
05-29-2014, 09:25 AM
I plan on making the hrpt next year I wanted to this year but my work schedule conflicted bad. And I was way behind on getting my white car done (still finishing stuff on it)

Plat0ribs
05-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Dave and I talked yesterday and came up with some plans for food on site.

I'm going to smoke some pork shoulder roasts and pull it for sammiches along with some homade vinigar slaw, maybe knock out a few rack-O-ribs for my name's sake!

Any leftovers Dave can take home so I don't care who is attending, just thought I throw this up here as incentive for those on the fence about attending.

Looking forward to this event as the start of my 4th of July Vacation. Hope to see many faces old and new.:D

davec73
05-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Chris I am excited to finally get to hang out, drink moderate amounts of booz and get to try some of your cooking man!

Jacob_Royer
06-01-2014, 02:09 PM
I'll bring:

Chips
Dip
Hotdogs
Hotdog Buns

Somone needs to bring:

Paper plates
napkins
softdrinks (I'm bringing beer....lots and lots of beer) lol

Dave and I talked yesterday and came up with some plans for food on site.

I'm going to smoke some pork shoulder roasts and pull it for sammiches along with some homade vinigar slaw, maybe knock out a few rack-O-ribs for my name's sake!

Any leftovers Dave can take home so I don't care who is attending, just thought I throw this up here as incentive for those on the fence about attending.

Looking forward to this event as the start of my 4th of July Vacation. Hope to see many faces old and new.:D

Jacob_Royer
06-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Dave is the camper equiped with bedding and / or towels ? or do we all need to bring theese items?

davec73
06-01-2014, 04:02 PM
I am bringing my own stuff as far as bedding goes even if it does.

Plat0ribs
06-01-2014, 04:31 PM

davec73
06-01-2014, 07:33 PM
All of those subscribed to this thread can see your post, thats funny stuff right there lmao.

Jacob_Royer
06-13-2014, 02:55 PM
This event is coming up fast!

Jacob_Royer
06-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Updated list of crap i'm bringing:

(3) Folding chairs (i believe dan may be bringing some too)
Alluminum Foil
Paper Towels
Paper plates
Chips & Dip

Other things we need :

Toilet Paper
Case of bottled waters
ICE
Coolers (i'm bringing my small one because of room)
Soft Drinks??

davec73
06-16-2014, 09:32 PM
im bringing the 28 ft trailer my pop up for the show area and beer!

Jacob_Royer
06-16-2014, 10:15 PM
im bringing the 28 ft trailer my pop up for the show area and beer!

Glad to see you're bringing you're own beer this the last year you drank more of my beer than Kurt Sunday and i had to make a beer run

davec73
06-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Glad to see you're bringing you're own beer this the last year you drank more of my beer than Kurt Sunday and i had to make a beer run
I was only there for a few hours last year, this year I will be there Friday and Saturday in effect you will need more beer especially if Kurt Sunday shows up. However Kurt Sunday is still roaming the east coast with his family somewhere doing who knows what. He also still has to put the transmission in his car which I will be glad to help him with if I have time:D

Jacob_Royer
06-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Updated List:

Kurt Sunday
Randy Hunercoch
David Clark
Chris Gates
Dan Thornsberry
Jacob Royer

Jacob_Royer
06-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered! FYI it goes up to $60 day of the event

davec73
06-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Next week this time!!!!!! No beer tastes better than free beer Jacob, thanks in advance!

Jacob_Royer
06-23-2014, 04:36 PM
If you bring youre own beer i will have a heart attack!

davec73
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Car is getting detailed tomorrow while im at work and we are at 3 days and a wake up! I went by the rv rental place today to see what time I can pick it up plan to have it on the camp ground Thursday afternoon. I am going to try to be up there with my car Friday morning at 8 - 9 to grab the show space.

davec73
06-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Here are some pics of the camp site and sleeping quarters for this years event for some of us. If you went last year you can see the spot we were parked across the lake from the site.

Wzenheimer
06-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Is the campsite accessible only for registered applicants?

davec73
06-24-2014, 04:50 PM
No I think its open to anyone. When you register you get an arm band to take another person in but the campsite registration was seperate from the event. I went and paid for the site from today through sunday. I think anyone can enter the campground as long as they know me and the site # which is 204.

Wzenheimer
06-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Registered! FYI it goes up to $60 day of the event

It actually has already gone up. Last day to pre-register was last Friday. You can't even register until at the tent Friday.

Ok crazies...I've got to deliver some parts to Anthony so I will be there this weekend. I may make it Friday if I can get our of work early enough to come and register by 6:00pm. HOLD me a spot for my GT500. I'm gonna bring my tent in case the Sausage FEST trailer gets too packed with MUDD.

I've got a portable Dewalt radio I can bring if we need it? Let me know other than that...I've got beer.

Chris

davec73
06-24-2014, 07:21 PM
List of confirmed attendees.
1. Jroya (Jacob Royer)
2. Capn Kangaroo (Dan Thornsberry)
3. The big guy (Anthony Arnold)
4. The Chief (Randy Hunerkoch)
5. The Entertainer (Kurt Sunday)
6. The Wzenheimer (Chris Wise)
7. The Pit master (Chris Gates)
8. Me (you cant give yourself a nick name)

davec73
06-24-2014, 07:25 PM
It actually has already gone up. Last day to pre-register was last Friday. You can't even register until at the tent Friday.

Ok crazies...I've got to deliver some parts to Anthony so I will be there this weekend. I may make it Friday if I can get our of work early enough to come and register by 6:00pm. HOLD me a spot for my GT500. I'm gonna bring my tent in case the Sausage FEST trailer gets too packed with MUDD.

I've got a portable Dewalt radio I can bring if we need it? Let me know other than that...I've got beer.

Chris
That's cool Chris if you cant make it by six you can still camp and register your car first thing the next morning. The radio and beer will be great man, we will have space for you and just let me know if you need anything!

Jacob_Royer
06-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Its going to be an adventure I'll be awake for two days and be making a 3 person road trip in an Sc with a transmission many cases of beer chairs and luggage

Wzenheimer
06-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Its going to be an adventure I'll be awake for two days and be making a 3 person road trip in an Sc with a transmission many cases of beer chairs and luggage

Better make room for Anthony's parts. They filled the trunk of the GT500.

Jacob_Royer
06-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Better make room for Anthony's parts. They filled the trunk of the GT500.

Anthony decided to drive separate so space is no longer issue

Wzenheimer
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
who's bringing the flippy cup table? I'll bring some of Chris' special rum punch. Need a testing group before the 4th of july anyway.

I'm calling out my team for flippy cup:
Anthony
Clark
Royer
:)

Jacob_Royer
06-25-2014, 06:14 PM
We might as well call a win now with that team!

davec73
06-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Im in we will have to find a suitable table. Fwiw we have cool neibors out of stl lol.

Jacob_Royer
06-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Im in we will have to find a suitable table. Fwiw we have cool neibors out of stl lol.

You need to leave the drinking games to the profesionals :)

davec73
06-25-2014, 08:08 PM
You need to leave the drinking games to the profesionals :)

Challenge accepted, you guys are going to get me in trouble and cost me money lol. Last time I was too drunk to come home she bought a 250 dollar pair of shoes

Jacob_Royer
06-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Challenge accepted, you guys are going to get me in trouble and cost me money lol. Last time I was too drunk to come home she bought a 250 dollar pair of shoes

I have a plan! When we meet up at youre house friday morning Captain Kangaroo can distract her and I will swipe her purse so you can bring youre testicals with you to the event!

Jacob_Royer
06-25-2014, 08:30 PM
I have a plan! When we meet up at youre house friday morning Captain Kangaroo can distract her and I will swipe her purse so you can bring youre testicals with you to the event!

FYI you can buy some very convincing fakes on the blackmarket and swap them with the ones in her purse! I did this years ago and it makes life much better :)

Jacob_Royer
06-26-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm all loaded up! 3 cases of coors light on ice :)

Wzenheimer
06-26-2014, 09:25 PM
2 gallons of Chris' special rum punch made. HAHA HHAHA BUWHAHAHA

I also have a full permanent marker set ready to go.

Jacob_Royer
06-26-2014, 09:34 PM
2 gallons of Chris' special rum punch made. HAHA HHAHA BUWHAHAHA

I also have a full permanent marker set ready to go.

Leave the markers at home damnit!

davec73
06-26-2014, 11:46 PM
see you guys in a few hrs im loaded and ready to go!

Jacob_Royer
06-27-2014, 06:33 AM
As soon as we get done eating we will be heading west!

Jacob_Royer
06-29-2014, 05:22 PM
http://s20.photobucket.com/user/jacobroyer/slideshow/Car%20Craft%20Street%20Machine%20Nationals%202014