Cervini Hood fit and finish

SCDIAMOND

HELLO ALL,

I am thinking about buying two Cervini hood ram air hoods for my two birds. With their current promotions my total would be $848 for both hoods, t-shirt and free shipping.

My question to the board is about fit. Anyone who has brought one in the last two years can you comment on the fit? Was it a direct bolt on or was modafications need in order to get it to fit? What factory hinges, latch and gas shocks used?

I have a Cervinis hood on my 90 SC. I didn't buy it new, but it had never had any body work done to it prior to being installed on my car, it was just primed and left like that. It did bolt to the factory hinges just fine, and I am still using the factory hood struts, and I had the hood installed and closing properly in under an hour, however the fit isn't perfect, and if and when I paint it, I will have to spend a lot more time making it fit right. What I will say about the Cervini hood that is way better than most fiberglass hoods I have seen is the overall straightness of the hood and clean edges mean you won't have to spend a ton of time sanding it, and adding filler, and making the curve of the hood match the curve of the fender. Where the problems come in are where it lines up with the latch and the headlights. It seems like the Cervini hood is slightly shorter than the factory one, so when I installed it, I had to slide it forward to keep the right clearance with the headlights and to get the latch to line up. This leaves an area at the front where the hood and fenders curve down to meet up with the headlights that the hood sticks out a bit, and does not look good. The fix will be sliding the hood back to match the fenders, then adjusting the header panel and headlights to fit the hood, and then re-working the latch area a bit so that works properly.

Thanks

Thanks this is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. Before anyone tell me to do a search, I did but most of the posts were from the mid 2000's. I wanted more recent feedback.

Thanks again.

Bought mine in 2008 and I love the hood. It came primered and very straight almost no body work. Didnt take very long to get the hinges transferred over and the hood lined up really easy. I do agree with MadMikey about the hood being a little short in the front. It's only about 1/8" on mine you can barely tell so I just left it since it lined up perfect in the rear with the curves of the fender. The front hood latch is the only thing that needed some work. It came already bolted to the hood but there was no way it could close, I flipped it around and had to grind the latch opening up a little bit. tested the latch and ground some more a few times now it works perfect.

3 of my supercoupes have the cervini hood, as has already been posted it it just a hair shorter than the oem but fitment is very nice, im very satisfied with mine and im sure you wont be disappointed

Back