PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Door Sills

Nettlesd
11-29-2013, 04:42 PM
As many of you know, we have ourselves a machinist (Slater85/Greg) that is willing to start producing some products for our beloved cars. He's already offering some parts but we would like to know who's interested in some Aluminum Door Sills.

Price hasn't be established yet but I would say something over $100 a pair would be a good guess at this point. Greg will commit on a price once he has machined up a pair. Three different designs will be offered to start things out.

So, who would like a pair? I'll update the list once people commit so that we can see how much interest there is.

Click here (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1054725&postcount=21) to see the Sills.

NettlesD
coupe crazy
TSC89
nanatothesixth
jerrybrhea
jjklongisland
davec73
Slater85
Firm-ryd337
KMT
ghostryder
BLOWN38
tchicken
WES92SC
SuperChicken89

Sills can now be ordered.
Use this link to place your order http://primomachine.bigcartel.com/category/thunderbird-cougar

coupe crazy
11-29-2013, 08:01 PM
I would be in for a set. I just talked to someone about possibly having something made. Are those the only options as far as design?

TSC89
11-29-2013, 08:30 PM
A couple of questions.

Will these go over the originals or replace them?

How will these be attached? Screws, clips or.....

Slater85
11-29-2013, 09:29 PM
A couple of questions.

Will these go over the originals or replace them?

How will these be attached? Screws, clips or.....
They'll be replacements, going to attach them with a few screws.

nanatothesixth
11-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm in for a set!

nanatothesixth
11-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm in for a set!

TSC89
11-29-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm in for a set.

jerrybrhea
11-30-2013, 12:05 AM
I would like to have a set!!!

jjklongisland
11-30-2013, 12:11 AM
I am in... I think I like the one labeled test-2. Not picky though...

davec73
11-30-2013, 01:27 AM
put me down for a set, I like the one with the bird in the center and the sc in the corner.

Nettlesd
11-30-2013, 12:14 PM
I'll get with Greg is confirm but he will have 3 different designs to choose from. I forgot I had multiple design images and one image had multiple designs. Just not sure which three designs were chosen.

Firm-ryd337
11-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Count me in for a set also!

Slater85
11-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Count me in for a set with the SC in the bottom right corner!

KMT
11-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Count me in for a set with the SC in the bottom right corner!

Hopefully one will be opposite :) But yes, that's my choice too. And I'm thinking I'd rather _not_ have them drilled for screws - I'd use double-sided tape instead.

ghostryder
12-01-2013, 09:39 AM
I will take a set. I like the bird with sc logo

Slater85
12-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know if the Thunderbird and xr7 sills are the same?

Nettlesd
12-02-2013, 09:11 PM
For everyone that is in, which designs do you like?

Please choose the designs you want to see produced. Click here (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1054725&postcount=21) to see the images.

Choose:
Image 1

Image 2

Image 3
Design A
Design B
Design C

KMT
12-02-2013, 09:20 PM
For everyone that is in, which designs do you like?

Can you stick to one thread about that, pls.

Others want these just as bad as you, so why not relax or simply pay whatever to get just what you want, rather than using every thread about it to pester everyone, thanks.

I've already communicated my choice to Greg. Take a break :)

KMT
12-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know if the Thunderbird and xr7 sills are the same?

Are you asking about same shape, location or attachment?

They seem to be generic, like the door gaskets, I think.

Nettlesd
12-02-2013, 09:36 PM
We're good. This is the official post for gauging interest/who's in so that's why I'm asking in this thread.

Yes, I already know which design you want but we still need to hear from the others before Greg starts to ramp up production.

Nettlesd
12-02-2013, 09:40 PM

I believe he is asking if they are the same shape. Will one machined sill fit both vehicles.

Slater85
12-02-2013, 10:03 PM

They seem to be generic, like the door gaskets, I think.
Yeah that's what I wanted to know the shape and size, that way I can do a design for the XR7 guys too.

Slater85
12-02-2013, 10:14 PM
As far as designs go I want to start with 3 for right now, only because I don't want to be held down on the computer drawing and programming a bunch of different sills. I wanna offer the top 3 desired, run them out, ship them and start on the next SC part. Once I built a small line of new SC parts I can always come back and add to the different styles of each part.

They'll be offered in polish/chrome or contrast cut (black anodized then machined logos) so it's really like having 6 options. I'll have the first samples within the next couple of days.

TSC89
12-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Image 3 - Design C

jjklongisland
12-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Personally I like 2...

RalphP
12-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah that's what I wanted to know the shape and size, that way I can do a design for the XR7 guys too.

The differences are stylistic, not fit/function, so the same basic design (just putting "Mercury Cougar XR7" or some combination of those in place of the Thunderbird icon and the Thunderbird / SC text) will fit fine.

RwP

sleeper bird
12-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I would probably be in also,if someone does not mind shooting a pic of one installed.

jerrybrhea
12-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I like 3A.......

jjklongisland
12-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I like 3A.......

I like 3A also...

Slater85
12-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I would probably be in also,if someone does not mind shooting a pic of one installed.

I should have a pair on my car in a few days ill post a picture as soon as they're ready so everyone can see them first

ghostryder
12-04-2013, 08:23 AM
image 3 the thunderbird logo with the SC stamped on it

Firm-ryd337
12-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I'd like mine to be image 2.

coupe crazy
12-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I like image 2. Are we going to be able to see pics of the final product before committing?

Nettlesd
12-04-2013, 10:13 PM
I believe so. Greg posted that it would be a couple of days and that he would have some pictures for us.

BLOWN38
12-06-2013, 09:58 PM
I would probably go in for some of these with the "SC Circle" in the middle or back like third pic center selection.

tchicken
12-06-2013, 10:12 PM
If he can get these made for around the $100 number I'm in for a set. I like the third design, but any of them would be an improvement over stock.

Horn

WES92SC
12-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm in for the one with the bird in the middle and the Super Coupe wording, but I would like the 3.8 in the middle of the bird. brushed or polished would look awesome.

SuperChicken89
12-08-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm in for a set. 3A is my design of choice.

Bryan

Slater85
12-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Took in a few hot orders at work recently that took up some extra machine time but I'm back on the sills and should have a set ready for fitment tomorrow night. I'll put up some pictures when I do, I chopped up some metal today to start the first samples. I'll be posting some quick design renderings of the different styles here shortly. Hopefully have all the finishes and pricing details situated and open up ordering by Monday. Thanks for everyone's patience.

KMT
12-13-2013, 12:38 AM
👍

Thanks for the update on the sills.

Tony8470
12-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Interested in 3A (top one in image 3)

sleeper bird
12-13-2013, 07:45 PM
thanks for taking on something new for our cars.

Slater85
12-15-2013, 10:17 PM
I know i said I was going to have a sample sill done this weekend but I got a little carried away with the designs. I initially only wanted to do 3 different styles but I realized just like myself everyone wants to personalize their coupes their way. So instead of limiting to just 3 im going to offer 7 different sill designs.

These "renderings" i post up or actually simulations in my mastercam program, so this is exactly how they are going to look. All of my CNC programs are written and ready to run so i plan on cutting metal right away.

* I also did some research here on the forum and read that there are two different sill lengths. The ones i'm producing are 40-1/2" long. If you have a shorter one I am sure these will still work but if anyone can confirm that it will be appreciated.

I want to make these as affordable as possible, but take into consideration each sill is 1/4" thick 6061 over 40" long. Not to mention after Polish I will be spending quite some time cleaning any leftover polish compound out of the sills before I ship so you get a shiny CLEAN part.

I will send a link to an online store for nettlesd to update the first post with. The store will have these pictures but they will be replaced with actual aluminum sill pictures as each one is machined.

Slater85
12-15-2013, 10:19 PM
last 3...didnt forget the XR7 cars.

nanatothesixth
12-15-2013, 10:30 PM
depending on price i may take 3 sets.

jjklongisland
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Wow... I love #2... I am definitely down for a set of #2 for my 89...

Slater85
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
depending on price i may take 3 sets.

A polished set should be coming in at about $120. I'll have a price on Chrome tomorrow, I'll grind the chromer as much as possible but a good guess would be about $155 a pair. That will include the hardware, as for shipping I was only able to source a 48x4x4 box so I'll be able to ship up to I would say 4 sets in one box.

Slater85
12-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Alright guys got the first one done. This thing looks awesome in person. A few back and forths between the machine and car test fitting and im finally happy with the fitment. Here's a few pics, I know my interior is not the best for modeling but its a work in progress!

I will have NettlesD update the first post with the link to the online store for purchase. Im using my company store for Harley Products I make and sell but there is a section for Thunderbirds/Cougars where you can find these as well as the rest of the parts I will be offering.

The pictures in the store are the simulations from the previous post, I will update those as I machine each style. The sills will be available for purchase until January 6th. For the guys who purchase sooner yours may ship before then but all orders should be shipped by January 14th.

Once this run is done I will probably make more of these to put on the shelf for guys in the future, But I will only keep the top 4 sellers and the price may go up slightly. So nows the chance to choose the style you want.

http://primomachine.bigcartel.com/category/thunderbird-cougar

Thanks,
Greg.

jjklongisland
12-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Once I see what the chrome and contrast cut style looks like I am definitely going to place an order for style #2. Can you describe what the contrast cut looks like? I think I may want the chrome if I had my choice. If you want to do a chrome sample of #2 that may be your first sale of it... lol...

Edit* Outstanding work by the way!!!

Nettlesd
12-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Wow, that is awesome.

I've updated the first post with the link for ordering.

ghostryder
12-18-2013, 10:52 AM
just ordered mine oh yeah!!!!

Slater85
12-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Once I see what the chrome and contrast cut style looks like I am definitely going to place an order for style #2. Can you describe what the contrast cut looks like? I think I may want the chrome if I had my choice. If you want to do a chrome sample of #2 that may be your first sale of it... lol...

Edit* Outstanding work by the way!!!

Contrast Cut is what I call when I anodize a part usually black, then go back and machine some highlights usually logos, chamfers, any type of decoration. This gives you a 2-Tone Contrast Look between the black and Machined finish. Looks really good. This finish is really popular with the Harley guys.

XxSlowpokexX
12-20-2013, 04:41 PM
looks amazing. We are fortunate to have you! I like the one you produced with supercoupe underneath. Id be looking for two sets. Now for people with teh 35th anniversary cars..I think black anodized with the tbirth logo and 35th anniversary underneath would be awsome!

jjklongisland
12-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Contrast Cut is what I call when I anodize a part usually black, then go back and machine some highlights usually logos, chamfers, any type of decoration. This gives you a 2-Tone Contrast Look between the black and Machined finish. Looks really good. This finish is really popular with the Harley guys.

ooh. that sounds cool. Do you have a photo of what one would look like. I may go for that. So the sill would be black and the machines lines and logo would be machined aluminum. If thats the case I think I am definately in. Let m e know so I can order it online...

thanks

OK, just looked them up on google. I am in. I will order the contrast as soon as I get home.... :)

WES92SC
12-20-2013, 09:19 PM
I just ordered #2 for my chicken
pretty sure they won't ship right now- but can't wait to see them when they get in. This will look sweet against the black carpet and the new interior I bought yesterday.. money- can't take it with you!!

sleeper bird
12-20-2013, 10:02 PM
that is pretty sweet,believe i will do the contrast ones myself.

jjklongisland
12-21-2013, 01:06 AM
pretty sure they won't ship right now- but can't wait to see them when they get in. This will look sweet against the black carpet and the new interior I bought yesterday.. money- can't take it with you!!

I would love to see pictures of the new interior. Cant wait until I do mine...

VicRattlehead
12-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Those look sweet. You can send me the program file for the first and forth one in post 43 anytime you want. :)

Slater85
12-21-2013, 04:37 PM
ooh. that sounds cool. Do you have a photo of what one would look like. I may go for that. So the sill would be black and the machines lines and logo would be machined aluminum. If thats the case I think I am definately in. Let m e know so I can order it online...

thanks

OK, just looked them up on google. I am in. I will order the contrast as soon as I get home.... :)

No picture yet Im still running first operation (backside) on all the sills before I start doing the different logos and finishes.

Here's a couple pics of some contrast cut parts I do for Harley's, I like the look especially on black cars. Right now im only offering this in black because because I already black anodize parts that I normally produce so its easy just to slip a few of these sills in here. Colors are an option but there's minimums.

jjklongisland
12-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I am so down. I wil be placing the order tonight.:D

*Edit - Just ordered the #2 in Contrast Cut... Very excited. When do you think these will be made?

TSC89
12-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Ordered a polished #2 set today.

SuperChicken89
01-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Any status update on these? Ordered style 5 back on 12/17.

Bryan

KMT
01-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Ordered style 5 back on 12/17.

Seen comment #48, this thread?

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1056230&postcount=48

Slater85
01-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Still working on them, I had started doing 3 sets of each but some styles were more popular than others so I had to order more material and run some more of those to fill in. Plus keeping up with my normal day to day orders that have nothing to do with Thunderbirds is the main reason there isn't much of an update.

I will not be shipping any of these before the 6th like I had hoped but I will have these all shipped out by the 14th like I stated in the initial post about ordering these parts.

Thank you

Tony8470
01-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Sounds great, I'm excited.

SuperChicken89
01-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Still working on them, I had started doing 3 sets of each but some styles were more popular than others so I had to order more material and run some more of those to fill in. Plus keeping up with my normal day to day orders that have nothing to do with Thunderbirds is the main reason there isn't much of an update.

I will not be shipping any of these before the 6th like I had hoped but I will have these all shipped out by the 14th like I stated in the initial post about ordering these parts.

Thank you

Thank you for the update!

Bryan

SuperChicken89
01-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Seen comment #48, this thread?

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1056230&postcount=48

Yes I did previously read comment in post #48.... was looking for current update.

Bryan

KMT
01-03-2014, 05:14 PM
.. was looking for current update.

Bryan

I'm patient & trust him - and I'd rather he be working on them than having to stop and report about it :) But yes, they'd be nice to have for the meet on the 11th.

WES92SC
01-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Not to sound edgy but I have sent a few PM's with no response from Greg. Trust is one thing, all I would like to know is if items are shipping and an idea when. I'll be leaving in 8 days for an assignment and definitely would hate to see this sitting in a PO getting crushed by other pkgs waiting to be picked up.

Slater85
01-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Not to sound edgy but I have sent a few PM's with no response from Greg. Trust is one thing, all I would like to know is if items are shipping and an idea when. I'll be leaving in 8 days for an assignment and definitely would hate to see this sitting in a PO getting crushed by other pkgs waiting to be picked up.

I received only One PM from you on Sunday evening that I just replied to, it is also the same reply I gave you last week in the Oil cap thread in the New Products Section.

As for everyone else, the sills are not ready I am still working on them I will post pictures of my progress here shortly. But I will start shipping orders out this week. I missed the deadline mainly because I had more than normal orders come in during December for my motorcycle parts, which took away most of my time that I had planned to not only make these parts but also work on my own Thunderbird. I appreciate everyone's patience, i'm not asking for weeks or months extra, just a few more days and i'll be wrapping this project up.

If anyone feels that I've taken too long and they want their money back I will gladly refund it, I'd prefer to deliver on the parts because I know you won't be disappointed with them and they'll be well worth the short delay.

Thanks.

Tony8470
01-15-2014, 12:13 AM
I'm fine with delay. It's not like any of us are blinging cars out for an immediate car show in the middle of winter.

TSC89
01-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the update.

SuperChicken89
01-20-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm fine with delay. It's not like any of us are blinging cars out for an immediate car show in the middle of winter.

Not true everywhere.... It is our car show season here in sunny and warm Florida :) Our car show season starts in Late October and ends by Mid-May.

Slater85.... Thanks for the update. Looking forward to taking delivery on mine.

Bryan

Tazer999
01-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Like Tony said, I'm in no rush. Can I still order a set? I haven't even driven my car in 5 years, I'm fine with waiting a couple of months for these to show up, as long as I know I can get a set.

davec73
01-22-2014, 12:25 AM
I received only One PM from you on Sunday evening that I just replied to, it is also the same reply I gave you last week in the Oil cap thread in the New Products Section.

As for everyone else, the sills are not ready I am still working on them I will post pictures of my progress here shortly. But I will start shipping orders out this week. I missed the deadline mainly because I had more than normal orders come in during December for my motorcycle parts, which took away most of my time that I had planned to not only make these parts but also work on my own Thunderbird. I appreciate everyone's patience, i'm not asking for weeks or months extra, just a few more days and i'll be wrapping this project up.

If anyone feels that I've taken too long and they want their money back I will gladly refund it, I'd prefer to deliver on the parts because I know you won't be disappointed with them and they'll be well worth the short delay.

Thanks.
I plan on ordering a set how long do we have to order them?

Tim Groth
01-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the updates, I can fully understand delays...these group purchases are more involved than what is seen on the surface.

Looking forward to adding these too the car when they may arrive.

-Tim

Slater85
01-26-2014, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the time it took to put up progress pictures. I've been trying to upload these for a few days now but something was wrong with our internet at work. All the sills have been machined and are done on my end, they all went to the finishers (polish,chrome,anodize) last week, they should start coming back and shipping out in the next couple of days.

SuperChicken89
01-27-2014, 12:47 AM
They look great! Thanks for the update.

Can't wait to get mine :)

Bryan

jjklongisland
01-27-2014, 08:28 AM
They look great! Thanks for the update.

Can't wait to get mine :)

Bryan

My sentiments exactly!!! Very excited. The hardest part is not installing them until I get my interior redone...

Tazer999
01-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the time it took to put up progress pictures. I've been trying to upload these for a few days now but something was wrong with our internet at work. All the sills have been machined and are done on my end, they all went to the finishers (polish,chrome,anodize) last week, they should start coming back and shipping out in the next couple of days.

Those look amazing. Please tell me those of us who saw this post late will still be able to get a set of them somehow!

Slater85
01-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Those look amazing. Please tell me those of us who saw this post late will still be able to get a set of them somehow!

I might have a couple extra sets im not 100% sure, I'll know for sure when everything gets back. Before I run more, I want for this first batch of sills to be delivered so I can get some feedback as far as fit and finish of the parts, that way if I need to make any changes I can for future runs.

As far as fit goes, they fit perfect on my 90, but the sills sit right over a few body sheet metal junctions, I left some extra clearance for any difference between cars.

KMT
01-28-2014, 10:45 PM
I've got a feeling I should've bought 2 pair...one dress and one casual :)

Wzenheimer
02-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Can you still order these?

superdadsc
02-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Ditto! Very nice!

WES92SC
02-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Has anyone received their sills yet? If so how do they look?

Slater85
02-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Has anyone received their sills yet? If so how do they look?

No one has received their sills yet, I just got them back from Polish today. I'll get these cleaned packed and boxed up today and shipped out as soon as possible. The chrome and anodized were dropped off this morning, those will be ready soon. Polish on all these parts took some time because I did not want them to deform the logos when grinding and buffing yet still have a high luster show polish. Stuff looks great!

KMT
02-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Sunglasses required...

bigpoppa822
02-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Son of a!!!!! How did I miss out on this one. I definitely want a set should there be leftovers or another round. They look amazing.

davec73
02-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Hey Slater several guys have asked if we can still order and I sent you a pm on some other stuff please let us know.
Thanks!

Slater85
02-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Hey Slater several guys have asked if we can still order and I sent you a pm on some other stuff please let us know.
Thanks!

Sorry about that, I will have a few extra of these this time around. Once I ship sills to everyone who pre-ordered, I will post what I have left over for purchase. I plan on continuing to produce these but in the future after I develop some more parts I've been working on for the SC. Maybe in a month or two I'll make another run of sills.

davec73
02-08-2014, 10:56 AM
well I would definitely like a set I left more info about some other ideas I have in the pm I left you if you get a chance please check it out and let me know.

nmcbchief
02-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Very anxious to get mine! They are freakin awesome looking!

Slater85
02-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Polished orders shipped today: 2/12/14

Bryan kaeser - ups#1za994790392293239
wade sawicki - ups#1za994790394755441
randall hunerkoch - ups#1za994790393265259

I have 2 Polished orders shipping tomorrow because I ran out of hardware:
2/14/14

Brian Oatway- UPS#1za994790392078669
Jim Sanderson- UPS#1za994790394811675

racecougar
02-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Maybe in a month or two I'll make another run of sills.

Subscribing. I'd be interested in joining on the next run.

Kurt K
02-13-2014, 12:22 AM
I would also be interested in the next run.

Slater85
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Something I forgot to mention earlier, Initially I was planning on supplying "chrome" sheet metal screws but the chrome really didnt look chrome. So instead I supplied Stainless Steel screws and they have a little luster to them.

SuperChicken89
02-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the update.... looking forward to receiving mine :D

Bryan

WES92SC
02-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Ooooooohhhh - just one more day to go.....:D

I'll post pics of the before and after look

WES92SC
02-17-2014, 07:21 PM
They are in - and gents- they look awesome. Now I have to give this young man kudo's for an outstanding job.
I may want him to make some other goodies that will make the chciken stand out from the rest of thunder headz....:cool:

nmcbchief
02-18-2014, 04:38 PM
WOW! Can't say enough about how these look! Loving mine!!! In fact I am going to lay them in bed with me tonight!

SuperCoupe
02-18-2014, 04:48 PM
I can't believe I completely missed this, but if more come along, please keep me in mind

Slater85
02-18-2014, 05:01 PM
First batch of chrome came in and I will post UPS tracking numbers in a few hours for the orders that ship today.

I tried taking pictures the best I could but it's extremely difficult with the amount of shine and reflection these chrome sills give off, so I gave up and Im just going to ship them out and let you guys enjoy them.

jjklongisland
02-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Wow... epic mod!!!!

SuperCoupe
02-18-2014, 05:25 PM
they look AWESOME!

Slater85
02-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Got my anodized sills back today. They don't look like much right now but wait until I do all the machining im sure you guys are going to like this look.

Nettlesd
02-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Those sills look awesome. I'm hoping you do another run of these soon.

nanatothesixth
02-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Im waiting for my 2 sets, 1 chrome and 1 of those black anodized ones.I see there in.

Tony8470
02-19-2014, 03:22 AM
Wow! Looking forward to more parts in the future. These look great.

SuperChicken89
02-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Received my door sills yesterday. They look great!

Installed the driverís side last evening before it got dark. It truly fit perfect! I grown accustomed to aftermarket parts not fitting as well as OEM but this is definitely not true in this case. Will try to post a picture of the door sill later today.

Thanks for developing such a beautiful and well designed part! Look forward to what you may be developing in the future.

Bryan

Plat0ribs
02-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Got my anodized sills back today. They don't look like much right now but wait until I do all the machining im sure you guys are going to like this look.

^Want This!

TSC89
02-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Received my polished version today and even though UPS did their best to trash them but they survived. They are very impressive.

92sclikenew
02-19-2014, 11:04 PM
are these still available to get?

Wzenheimer
02-19-2014, 11:16 PM

If these are going to turn out the way I think they will DEFINITELY want!!!!

jjklongisland
02-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Someone on facebook brought up the likelihood of scratching. Just curious how you think they will hold up. I think the black ones may scratch the easiest. Is there any coating you recommend to protect it from scratching? My Maxima's aluminum sills from the factory have a mat almost machined look and have taken a hell of a beating and still look great. I know I will be alot more aware of these when getting in and out of the car.

Slater85
02-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Also I'm not very familiar with people's actual names and their forum names so I'm listing the names from the paypal account used to place the order.

Chrome Sets Shipped 2/25/2014:

Chris Brekke UPS#1ZA994790397195667
Tim Groth UPS#1ZA994790396506457
Patricia Eckard UPS#1ZA994790393688301

Slater85
02-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Someone on facebook brought up the likelihood of scratching. Just curious how you think they will hold up. I think the black ones may scratch the easiest. Is there any coating you recommend to protect it from scratching? My Maxima's aluminum sills from the factory have a mat almost machined look and have taken a hell of a beating and still look great. I know I will be alot more aware of these when getting in and out of the car.

I don't think the black ones will scratch the easiest, I anodize a lot of products that are used day to day on Harley davidson's and they seem to hold up fine. I personally like to apply "ICE" liquid polish by Turtle Wax it gives black anodize a real deep gloss shine it also keeps the anodize from fading in the sun, but that doesn't apply since these are inside the car.

The honest truth is there won't be anything to really protect the parts from scratches, it really comes down to how well you take care of the parts. Billet sill or plastic, I've never been one to actually step on the Sill area anyways.

BLOWN38
02-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Shark hide from eastwood works real well on polished aluminum. Super easy to apply and dries very fast.

jjklongisland
02-26-2014, 09:45 AM
I don't think the black ones will scratch the easiest, I anodize a lot of products that are used day to day on Harley davidson's and they seem to hold up fine. I personally like to apply "ICE" liquid polish by Turtle Wax it gives black anodize a real deep gloss shine it also keeps the anodize from fading in the sun, but that doesn't apply since these are inside the car.

The honest truth is there won't be anything to really protect the parts from scratches, it really comes down to how well you take care of the parts. Billet sill or plastic, I've never been one to actually step on the Sill area anyways.

I plan on being aware of them and most of the time its only me in the car so it shouldnt be an issue. Just was curious. Thanks for the reply though...

bigpoppa822
03-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Anyone install these yet?

Slater85
03-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Anyone install these yet?

A few guys who got the sills have already installed them, so far they've been happy with the fit and ease of installation. I found this picture on Facebook. It's all i've seen so far.

Falcon20x
03-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Could not get the link to work When is the next run scheduled for? Are there any left over?

I will take 3. a design if still available.

Thanks

Slater85
03-13-2014, 01:02 AM
Finally got the sills back on the machine for the final engraving, i'll run them out in the morning and get them shipped out tomorrow and Friday. Here's some teasers, you guys are gonna like this look!

davec73
03-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Sweet greg they look great! I am ready to get a set like I pmd you about.

Slater85
03-13-2014, 06:05 PM

Rodeo Joe
03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Those are nice, when's round 2? ;)

Joe

jjklongisland
03-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Those look sick!!! Yes i am yelling because i cant wait for mine its going to make my supercoupe look frickin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d:d :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Nettlesd
03-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Wow! Is all I can say.

Plat0ribs
03-14-2014, 03:17 PM
I'd like to sign up for a set of the annodized sills with Super Coupe on either side of the bird logo.

Please let us know when/if they will be available.

Melon
03-14-2014, 05:02 PM
They look amazing. Judging from the pictures, I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the first round of this. I'll definitely try to get in for the next round.

Kurt K
03-14-2014, 06:36 PM
They look amazing. Judging from the pictures, I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the first round of this. I'll definitely try to get in for the next round.Agreed. To make it worse, I'm usually all over these type of 1st run group buys.

As stated earlier, I'm in if (hopefully when) there is another run.

Toms-SC
03-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Wow those are slick.

tchicken
03-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Am I glad I decided to pony up the extra for the anodized!

XxSlowpokexX
03-15-2014, 02:15 AM
heyyyyyy:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Slater85
03-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Well all the anodized shipped on Monday, I did not attach tracking numbers because I learned where to attach your individual emails. If any body didnt get their notification let me know I'll get you the tracking number.

I think im just as excited as you guys for these. Let me know what you think when you get yours, i just tracked them and it looks like one guy gets his tomorrow and the rest get them on Friday.

Either way I still hate you all because you get to put these on your car, I'm waiting to paint my tbird and get the interior done before I install these so i just get to stare at them for a couple of months.

Time for the next project..

jjklongisland
03-19-2014, 08:16 PM
I might order another set as wall art they look so awesome. I am in the same boat. I won't install them until my interior is done.

Slater85
03-19-2014, 10:36 PM
I guess no one got the email..

here's the tracking info:

ECKARD- UPS#1ZA994790391839777

HORN- UPS#1ZA994790391904384

CANCINO- UPS#1ZA994790392760591

KELLY- UPS#1ZA994790394304400

NETTLES- UPS#1ZA994790394191818

tchicken
03-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Slater,

Door sills arrived today and they look great. This is easily the best return on investement I've had buying interior parts. Two thumbs up for anyone considering these if another batch is made.

BTW - I did get your email w/ tracking #

joenintiesc
03-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Either way I still hate you all because you get to put these on your car, I'm waiting to paint my tbird and get the interior done before I install these so i just get to stare at them for a couple of months.

I would like to get on the "you hate me" list by ordering a set and installing them on my '94 SC....
:cool::rolleyes::D

Slater85
03-20-2014, 06:51 PM
I would like to get on the "you hate me" list by ordering a set and installing them on my '94 SC....
:cool::rolleyes::D

I have an extra 4 sets of Chrome and 1 set of Black(blemished) Design 2. I will officially know what styles of chrome are available tomorrow when they get back in my hands (I rejected the plating the first time around). The set of blacks that I have I will sell at a reduced cost because the driver side looks a little funky in one area of the anodize, looks kind of wavy/drippy hard to explain ill post a pic later.

This will be it until I run another batch, I don't know how soon or when I will run another but I'm thinking it will only be one more batch and that's it.The size of these things take up a whole machine and keep me from running my normal products.

davec73
03-20-2014, 09:50 PM
I will take the black anodized set lmk

Falcon20x
03-20-2014, 10:21 PM
I will take one of the extra set of chrome.

Put me down for the next batch as well. 3.a design preferred

Let me know how to proceed with payment and shipping info.
Thanks

Tony8470
03-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Just got mine today. Very solid. It'll go well with the oil cap. I hope to see more products from you in the future! Maybe the brake reservoir cap?!

I also put some shine seal on it to protect the exposed aluminum. I've had fair results on the other polished items in the engine bay with it.

KMT
03-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Anyone have photos of their new sills installed yet?

BLOWN38
03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Anyone have photos of their new sills installed yet?

They're not real. So no pictures for you to see.:(:)

There is one pic on page 8.

jjklongisland
03-21-2014, 07:11 PM
The sills look so much better in person. I am so happy I bought these... Thanks again bro!

BLOWN38
03-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Mythical I tell ya... mythical.

KJH95
03-22-2014, 01:56 PM
So if there won't be to many of these run anymore. Guess I will jump on this before I was ready. You have any with just the emblem?

Thanks,
Kevin

Tony8470
03-22-2014, 03:57 PM
6013360134Here's a few I just took. The finish is slightly off because I haven polished the shine seal off yet. They aren't fixed to the car either. I just slapped them on.

Tony8470
03-22-2014, 04:02 PM
And the other side.

Melon
03-22-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm down for a set too. I'd like to see a picture of the black anodized on a black car if anyone happens to have one. I'm not sure if the black or chrome would look good on my black SC.

Edit: Slater - what was the 2nd design? If your selling out any of the extra chrome sills, I may be interested in a set.

92sclikenew
03-24-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm down for a set too. I'd like to see a picture of the black anodized on a black car if anyone happens to have one. I'm not sure if the black or chrome would look good on my black SC.

Edit: Slater - what was the 2nd design? If your selling out any of the extra chrome sills, I may be interested in a set.

im waiting to hear im interested in a set still

nanatothesixth
03-24-2014, 11:21 PM
got my anodized set today! nnnnnnnnnnnnnnice! looking good!

Falcon20x
03-26-2014, 09:44 AM
im waiting to hear im interested in a set still

He must be pretty busy. Same here I have not heard back either. I should have jump on it right away.

Slater85
03-26-2014, 04:06 PM
He must be pretty busy. Same here I have not heard back either. I should have jump on it right away.

Still have not received the extra door sills back from my chromer, so I don't know exactly which styles are available. I really am not pressuring them to get them done because I have other parts there that I consider more important for my business. So as soon as I get them back I will post whats available.

Falcon20x
03-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Still have not received the extra door sills back from my chromer, so I don't know exactly which styles are available. I really am not pressuring them to get them done because I have other parts there that I consider more important for my business. So as soon as I get them back I will post whats available.

Thank you of the update. i'm just kicking myself for not jumping on this right away :mad:
I will definitely take one set. Even Two if you have any left over after going through every request:o

bumpskier45
03-27-2014, 10:55 PM
tried to order from the link on the first page,but no luck.I for sure want a set of those please make a link on how to order them if you could please those things are gonna sell like hotcakes.

joenintiesc
03-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Sorry about that, I will have a few extra of these this time around. Once I ship sills to everyone who pre-ordered, I will post what I have left over for purchase. I plan on continuing to produce these but in the future after I develop some more parts I've been working on for the SC. Maybe in a month or two I'll make another run of sills.

You should read through the posts to get an idea about what is going on with these. They are not a stocked item, but instead are a limited production run. I believe he will post back when he plans on doing another run of these when he has time (hopefully soon!)

Melon
04-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Any word on any extra sets? I'm still in the market :) (and kicking myself for not getting in on this in the first place)

davec73
04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
He must be busy ive sent him a couple pms on mine still no answer.

scskydivin
04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
I'd like to get in line for 1 set of black anodized #2. I see the price for aluminum & chrome. What's the price for the anodized set?

Plat0ribs
04-16-2014, 10:14 PM
I'd like to get in line for 1 set of black anodized #2. I see the price for aluminum & chrome. What's the price for the anodized set?

X2 for the BA#2

SuperCoupe
04-20-2014, 04:04 PM

if you get around to it, I'd like a set of the bottom ones in the pic-black, bird in the middle, SC on the ends. Just let me know when to pay

davec73
04-20-2014, 05:22 PM
thanks for the great craftsmanship and taking the time to make these for the guys Greg, Here is a shot of mine

KJH95
04-20-2014, 08:38 PM
The more pictures I see the more I can't wait for him to respond with what he is getting back from the chromers. I still want some chrome ones with just the bird.

Kevin

XR7 Dave
04-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Still have any of the chrome ones left? If you do I'd like a set.

Jimmy 2Coupes
04-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Greg, I hope you decide to do another run of the door sill's. If so I would definitely buy two set's of the black anodized sill's with Super Coupe under the bird wings like this attached picture. They are nice. I wish I would've got in on the original group buy. 60357

KMT
04-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Black anodized 'SC' sills in '90 Anny. Instead of the self-tapping philips head screws that Greg supplied, I drilled/tapped & used threaded matte black M4 10mm hex head screws. Fit and quality is same as the billet oil cap...excellent. Thank you Greg!

jjklongisland
04-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Looks sick... I cant wait to have my interior redone next week so I can install them.... I was wondering about the hardware. Where did you find the screws?

KMT
04-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Local A-Boys hardware, 56 cents each (4 per side) countersunk head. Matching tap is 4mm 0.70 - use w/#30 drill bit. Home Depot might have them as well. If you can't find them, let me know.

r1dd1ck913
04-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Man I want a set. Maybe some one shoukd start a waiting list for when the next ones will be made.

Slater85
04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
For everyone waiting on the chrome I should have them back by the end of the week, they started the process of re-chroming them today. I believe it will be 4 sets i just don't exactly which styles. I know there's 1 set of Design 1 and 2 sets of Design 3, I don't know what the last set is. Either way i'll go through this thread and put a list together of who asked for them first and go down the list giving those a chance to purchase the extras. There is nothing wrong with any of the extras I will be selling, they're all show quality.

For everyone waiting on Batch 2, it's coming....real soon.

So please don't sleep on the second one. I'm not trying to sell a bunch I just don't want a bunch of guys bummed out that they missed out and want me to do another run. The size of these things take up a whole machine and do not allow me to run any of my other products until I finish the sills. This would be ok if production numbers were high, but for 10 maybe 15 pairs and then split into 3-4 styles and then further split into 3 different finishes, these sills are more trouble than they are worth. Normally when i run small quantity parts I run multiple fixtures on one machine to be able to jump around from product to product and keep my machines working, these sills don't allow that. That's the main reason why I plan on only one more batch. I also don't want to sell these at an outrageous price to make up for the trouble because I never planned on going into the SC business, I just want to make some parts for my car and run some more for whoever likes what i'm making.

If you don't check the forums very often and want in on the second run, feel free to send me an email sales@primoforged.com with some t-bird related subject. I'll start a list of t-bird guys, that way when the 2nd groupbuy is started I can send a mass email to everyone. I check my email multiple times a day not to mention get them on my phone and i'm sure some of you are the same way and prefer to be notified via email. Hopefully this will eliminate a few guys missing the next buy.

Thanks, Greg.

Slater85
04-21-2014, 11:43 PM
davec73- Man those black sills on red looks great!

KMT- The bolts are a nice touch, im glad you liked the fit too. That black on black is sexy can't wait to get mine on now!

davec73
04-22-2014, 12:12 AM
davec73- Man those black sills on red looks great!

KMT- The bolts are a nice touch, im glad you liked the fit too. That black on black is sexy can't wait to get mine on now!

Greg I cant thank you enough! I failed to realize they even match my shifter. Ive probably got to anodize some more things in the interior like custom made door cups and the metal pieces on the dash. Ive got alot more custom pieces that I have ideas on and I really want one of the dis covers. The other piece I could use in aluminum is the hood latch pop slide.

joenintiesc
04-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Greg, I just emailed you to see if I could make the list for 1 set of black anodized sills. Thanks for doing another run!

jjklongisland
04-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Greg some people might hate on me for this statement but I think they are worth more than what you are charging for them. I just wanted to thank you because I am overly impressed by them. Thanks so much for thinking about the other guys out there that do not have the means or the knowledge to create a custom part like that.

Melon
04-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Greg some people might hate on me for this statement but I think they are worth more than what you are charging for them.

If he charges more, you can pay the difference :D

I'm definitely going to try for atleast one set and maybe 2. Thank you Greg!

SCDan35thANV
04-22-2014, 01:00 PM
I'd like to get a set and sent ya an email :D

Slater85
04-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Greg some people might hate on me for this statement but I think they are worth more than what you are charging for them. I just wanted to thank you because I am overly impressed by them. Thanks so much for thinking about the other guys out there that do not have the means or the knowledge to create a custom part like that.

yeah thanks I know they're worth more. I build other parts that are a fraction of the cost, size, trouble and sell them for 2 sometimes 3 times what I charged for these.

But I'll be honest there will be a small increase on the polish and on the chrome on batch #2. Not much, around 10% more. The reason for the polish going up is for the additional handling after they are polished I spend anywhere from 25-30 minutes per part cleaning out the polish compound that builds up inside the engraving. The chrome is going up because I was charged more than the initial quote, I ate the extra cost on the first run since everyone pre-paid and I didnt want to go back and ask for more money.

Black sills should stay the same price, I will be adding another finish though. I plan on offering a Clear Anodize option for the polished.

Rodeo Joe
04-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Email sent! :)

Joe

KJH95
05-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Any updates?

Thomas A
06-29-2014, 04:59 PM
subscribing....