PDA

View Full Version : Spring Midwest bash..May 30th-June 1st

pro street rich
12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Well I posted this in a couple other places but now it is here as well. We are planning a get together with a dyno pull/ day at the track/ and there are a couple of cruise places we could roll into this. You can do one thing or all the stuff and the cost will be easy on the pocket as well. Everything is close to one another and with some planning we could really have a great time and see what everyone has done over the winter...Let me know if you have time to come up to Milwaukee and play this spring.....Rich

Mike8675309
12-04-2013, 11:32 PM
At the moment I see no reason not to attend. don't have an SC worth racing or showing, but would love to see what others have been working on.

sc4u2nv
12-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I would be up for a meet this spring. it would be a nice drive...

SCrazy
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I hope to get there as well.....might be a shakedown weekend for the new rear end!!!

OxmanWI
12-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Started a thread for you on tccoa

David Neibert
12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Kathy and I are planning to attend.

David

pro street rich
12-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Started a thread for you on tccoa

Thanks for the help. we sure can use as many people as can make it.....Rich

Jacob_Royer
12-31-2013, 07:40 PM
I've got to check my work schedule for 2014 see if that's one of my weekends off or not. Of I'm off I may just drive my stock Sc up

XR7 Dave
12-31-2013, 07:42 PM
If I have anything that runs, I'll be there. :D

Jacob_Royer
01-01-2014, 05:33 PM
If I have anything that runs, I'll be there. :D

Suprisngly I have two running super coupes that is rare indeed lol

Jacob_Royer
01-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Looks like I'm off those days!

OxmanWI
01-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Rich who is going to do the dyno?

CometGSR
01-17-2014, 06:32 PM
I put this on my calendar. :) It sounds like a good event!

Pat DiPersia
01-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Screen shot added due to loss of information during server migration on 1/19/2014.

pro street rich
01-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Rich who is going to do the dyno?

The dyno is at Borchardt auto. on s 27th st. Sorry I took so long to post back... To add something that might be fun for all. There is on sunday at the track an import wars.... so we will have fun seeing some really fast imports while we are doing our thing... This sounds to be a great week end.. There is also a car cruise for sat night at a drive in just a few miles down the road..
I hope to see a lot of you guys and gals at this great event......Rich

pro street rich
01-21-2014, 07:00 PM
:DI will be posting something real soon to spell out all the things we have on the planner very soon so keep an eye open for the updates..:rolleyes:...Rich

Jacob_Royer
01-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Keep us posted rich! I plan on attending I just need to figure out what car I'm taking

CometGSR
03-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Any news? I am looking forward to a road trip. :)

Jacob_Royer
03-08-2014, 01:44 PM
We'll I just got rolled off of first shift to 3rd so I have to work that weekend I'm out

David Neibert
03-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Rich,

Sorry...Found out my company golf tournament is on the same weekend, so we won't be able to attend this meet.

David

pro street rich
03-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Rich,

Sorry...Found out my company golf tournament is on the same weekend, so we won't be able to attend this meet.

David

This is the second person that has something on this date.. I want to hear from the rest of you. should we move this a week or two in one way or the other, better early or one week later?? Lets hear from everyone. We can still move it if we do it NOW....Rich

Kurt K
03-11-2014, 11:12 PM
I definitely cannot make the current date either, although my work schedule may affect my ability to go at all.

XR7 Dave
03-12-2014, 08:31 AM
I would prefer to move it a bit. I found out I have to be in St. Louis for tuning that weekend. The weekend before it Mothers day, the weekend after is Memorial Day weekend. I think the 31st would be better. Just my .02. Phil and I would both like to attend.

SCrazy
03-12-2014, 08:33 AM
My car is not done and I now coach a HS softball team which starts next week so I'm thinking my car won't be ready in time and in fact might not be back on the road until summer. I don't think I'll be making it out this year.

OxmanWI
03-12-2014, 08:46 AM
I agree, I think we should move it back. There is the WI Dells Automotion and the Wisconsin Early Mustangers All Ford Show that is going on that weekend as well. Can't miss thous events. :D

pro street rich
03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I will get on seeing if we can move to that week end....Rich

pro street rich
03-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Well you all, most of you asked and I moved it. We are now in for May 30th to June 1st.. David N. please change the first post for me will you. Hope everyone can make the new date. This is it it will not change again...Rich:)

OxmanWI
03-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Updated that info on the TCCoA thread. Hopefully that works for the majority of folks.:)

69Mach1
03-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I think I can make the new date. Be nice to do a road trip in the anny again.
Rick

Jacob_Royer
03-14-2014, 04:33 AM
I've got the Carcraft street machine nationals in June also the power tour is a maybe I won't be able to attend this year sorry guys

mywhite89
03-15-2014, 01:00 PM
We will be saving the date. Bringing one car at least.

Chris

pro street rich
03-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Ok so here we go I have everything planned out and ready to go forward. Let me tell everyone what the time table is and then we all can plan for a great week end of fun...
First things first the hotel is a holiday inn and we have a set of rooms that are set aside under the name of "Midwest Bash" and the hotel is at 13339 hospitality ct Sturtevant Wi 53177 The rates are $95 plus tax per night and that is with two per room, so bring a friend.. The rooms are for Friday May 30th thru June 1st for those who want to stay.
The dyno is for Sat morning and that is $75 for your pulls [two] if needed.. maybe more if we have to get it right.. That is in Milwaukee just 15 miles up the freeway...
Now Sat night we can go two different ways, there is a cruise night at a drive in between the dyno and the hotel we could all show up for or we are welcome to go to the track and play.. This will be up to you guys as to which way we do that night.. We can go to the track either sat night or sunday the call is ours to make. The track will work with us on that point.
Speeking of the track it is 7 miles from the hotel and they are only going to charge us normal rates to get in and add a little break for us as well. There will be other stuff going on but we will be able to do our thing without waiting in long lines all day or night.. This should be about $45 per car to get into and run..
Now the best part of this whole weekend.... Friday night there is going to be a BBQ at my place and all you got to bring is your drinks and a good mood plus you chair to sit in.. I have parking for all and I got the food covered....
So this is the plan, any questions??? if so hit me back and keep in mind you have to make your hotel plans by April 30th to get the rate and enjoy the fun.....Rich

OxmanWI
03-29-2014, 09:32 AM
When the time comes near, we'll need your address for the BBQ. When you know for sure what day you want to go to the track let me know so I can update the info on TCCoA. Thus far including myself, 6 people have shown interest.

pro street rich
03-29-2014, 10:44 AM
When the time comes near, we'll need your address for the BBQ. When you know for sure what day you want to go to the track let me know so I can update the info on TCCoA. Thus far including myself, 6 people have shown interest.

My plan has us going to the cruise night, but I wanted to open up the idea of sat night. I would rather do the track on sunday but I want to make this for everyone, not just a few... When we get close I will share the other info with everyone that is coming. Thanks again for the extra help here....Rich

Plat0ribs
03-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Thinking about posting this over at SHOForum to boost participation.

Thoughts/Comments/Objections?

pro street rich
03-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I would be open to that if it is cool with the rest. The more we have the better fun can be had. I think the BBQ angle will have to be looked at. I know the S.C. guys and that is cool but if we get a lot of others that might mean a small charge for hem to eat.??? Add to this I do have a SHO as well so I would not be in uncharted waters....Rich

CometGSR
04-15-2014, 09:58 AM
I am trying to figure out if I should stay Sunday night or not. Any idea when our track time would be? If it is just in the morning, I can make my way back on Sunday. If it goes late, I would rather stay in town.

Invite the SHO guys :)

- James

pro street rich
04-15-2014, 11:24 AM
We can be there all day and we can do early or kill the whole day. There will be other stuff going on but we will have our own set up..There is nothing like kicking back after a hard weekend of playing and driving back on monday. That is what I do at the shoot out....Rich

CometGSR
04-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Ok! :) Leave on Monday it is!

pro street rich
04-15-2014, 06:11 PM
I only live like ten miles from the hotel so we can find something to keep you busy if you need....Rich

92tbird04
04-16-2014, 03:07 AM
I will be coming also. Those dates should give me plenty of time to get my engine work done. Plus get all the extras that I picked up from your son all installed:)

CometGSR
04-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Got my hotel ! It will be great to finally meet everyone!

OxmanWI
05-01-2014, 05:16 PM
So basically one month, nice to see there are some folks interested in this. I'll be taking some pictures and video if anyone is interested in some shots of their ride around Milwaukee or at the track / dyno.

pro street rich
05-01-2014, 10:49 PM
So basically one month, nice to see there are some folks interested in this. I'll be taking some pictures and video if anyone is interested in some shots of their ride around Milwaukee or at the track / dyno.

You were going to post this in another place or two. Did you have any replys from over there?? Would like to know what other people are going to say or do....Rich

CometGSR
05-02-2014, 07:47 AM
You were going to post this in another place or two. Did you have any replys from over there?? Would like to know what other people are going to say or do....Rich

I can post over on CrownVic.net if it hasn't been posted yet.

OxmanWI
05-02-2014, 08:48 AM

6 members on TCCoA said they were interested. 1 on LVC said they were interested. James and myself are the only real conformation of people coming right now.

TCCoA:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=144645

LVC:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?93080-Midwest-Bash-Dyno-and-Track-Day!-Milwaukee-WI

pro street rich
05-02-2014, 10:06 AM
I can post over on CrownVic.net if it hasn't been posted yet.

The more we havee the more fun we can put together. We can meet new people and see what the others are up to....Rich

Plat0ribs
05-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Thinking about posting this over at SHOForum to boost participation.

Thoughts/Comments/Objections?

http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?p=1410527#post1410527
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/89-midwest-chapter-forum/220689-ford-bbq-milwaukee.html

69Mach1
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Just got hotel reservation , so we will be coming. Also another sc will make it from here
Rick and Paula

pro street rich
05-08-2014, 11:31 AM
I need to get a head count going here. Who is coming for the BBQ?? friday. who is going to dyno sat morning?? who wants to go cruiseing on sat night to a drive inn/cruise night. Who is going to the track on sunday?? Please let me know so we can make this all flow good for this week end coming up here soon. This should be a good time for all and a great time to meet new people from around the area....Rich

69Mach1
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM
I need to get a head count going here. Who is coming for the BBQ?? friday. who is going to dyno sat morning?? who wants to go cruiseing on sat night to a drive inn/cruise night. Who is going to the track on sunday?? Please let me know so we can make this all flow good for this week end coming up here soon. This should be a good time for all and a great time to meet new people from around the area....Rich

2 for bbq and cruise. Will go to both dyno and track as spectators, no need to do with a stock anny
Rick

CometGSR
05-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Just me for all the events.. BBQ, Dyno, drag racing, cruise...

69Mach1, why not race it? No need to make 13 second passes!

CometGSR
05-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Anyone have some good/bulky parts to bring to the event? In the market for anything that is too costly to ship that would look/work nice on my 1995. :)

OxmanWI
05-09-2014, 01:51 PM
I will not be at the BBQ, have to work. But I will be at everything else. I will most likely be a spectator taking pictures/video, my Thunderbird is not finished.

Anyone have some good/bulky parts to bring to the event? In the market for anything that is too costly to ship that would look/work nice on my 1995. :)

I have lots of stuff, what are you looking for? Big and bulky for me would be a the rear seats for a cougar and the front seat skins and foam from a 95 XR7.

XR7 Dave
05-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Phil and I are planning to attend, we'll be there for the whole weekend.

CometGSR
05-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Open to anything, SC swaybars, hoods, suspension parts, wheels/tire combo or something interesting. I have my SC seats already, along with the back seat. :)

OxmanWI
05-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Open to anything, SC swaybars, hoods, suspension parts, wheels/tire combo or something interesting. I have my SC seats already, along with the back seat. :)

I have a front sway bar from a 96 Sport, I think those are the same size as the SCs

mellbutler
05-09-2014, 03:01 PM
we are thinking of coming...seeing if we can swing it.:)

Rich can you make a list of who is coming, (like is done for the shootout). it was hard to figure out with the date change and all.

mel

69Mach1
05-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Just me for all the events.. BBQ, Dyno, drag racing, cruise...

69Mach1, why not race it? No need to make 13 second passes!

Still have original head gaskets at 105k. Dont want to chance it. Mildly building a 89sc but not ready yet. Annys stock and goes to shows, so would rather not damage it yet any how. Besides eveyone knows what a stock auto 90 can do, LOL

NASTY V6
05-10-2014, 12:33 AM
Everyone,

I started another thread that lists the itinerary and has a section for signing up. I will start to add people to the sign up list tomorrow. Hope this helps Rich out to get everything in one spot.

Go here - http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?133381-Midwest-Bash-Itinerary-amp-Sign-Up

Scott

XR7-4.6
05-15-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm 100% in for Sunday racing(just me). Trying to swing Saturday but it's not looking good

-Matt

SCrazy
05-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Rich/Scott

Just wanted to let you guys know that my car is still not ready.

It's getting close but it's just not going to be done in time.

Thanks for putting this together, hopefully it will happen again and I can get there.

Brian

svtfiend
05-16-2014, 11:37 PM
First I've seen this. Sounds awesome! I'm curious about the dyno time. Are these just 2 pulls to see what you put down or is there optional tuning for more money? Is there a wideband or just hp torque and rpm? Also never been to a race track. Don't know if I could make it Friday but Saturday and Sunday sound fun!

pro street rich
05-17-2014, 11:37 AM
First I've seen this. Sounds awesome! I'm curious about the dyno time. Are these just 2 pulls to see what you put down or is there optional tuning for more money? Is there a wideband or just hp torque and rpm? Also never been to a race track. Don't know if I could make it Friday but Saturday and Sunday sound fun!

We can spend the whole day sat on the dyno if we need it. There will be time for tuning and Dave D will be working that part. I have worked out a good price for that as well and Dave can fill that in for oyu. This is an in ground dyno with all the hook ups so we can check everything as we go. Hope to see you there and let us know what you have in mind.....Rich

svtfiend
05-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Pretty sure I can make it on Saturday for tuning. What time and location?. I'd like see how far off my afr is and possibly get a chip if he thinks I would benefit greatly. Anyone need some stock sc springs? 5.0 a/c compressor and most lines, stock Airbox, sc abs or arc computer?

pro street rich
05-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Everything looks great for this weekend's weather... just warm enought that you don't need a coat, but still cool for making that great horsepower Hope to see everyone this weekend and lets all have a great time and a lot of good times at the dyno & track....Rich

CometGSR
05-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Is the track fairly friendly to N00b drivers? Not that I am a big N00b but I am far from a professional racer. Is a helmet required for 14 second and up cars?

I would also like someone to take my car down the track once and give me an opinion on the car. It is hard to find anyone who knows these cars really good. Looking for opinions on what could be better..

See you Friday night!

James

pro street rich
05-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Is the track fairly friendly to N00b drivers? Not that I am a big N00b but I am far from a professional racer. Is a helmet required for 14 second and up cars?

I would also like someone to take my car down the track once and give me an opinion on the car. It is hard to find anyone who knows these cars really good. Looking for opinions on what could be better..

See you Friday night!

James

I will help you out any way you need. Add to that Dave D. will be here as well.. Here is my cell for you or for anyone else that needs it.....414-333-3888 see you soon.....Rich

OxmanWI
06-02-2014, 05:17 PM
My father and I had a great time. I would like to thank Rich and his family for their hospitality and kindness. Also like to thank Dave for taking the time to look things over on my car. :)

That being said, I'm going over some pictures and video. Does anyone want their license plate taken out? Let know me ASAP I’ll post them up soon.

pro street rich
06-02-2014, 05:37 PM
My father and I had a great time. I would like to thank Rich and his family for their hospitality and kindness. Also like to thank Dave for taking the time to look things over on my car. :)

That being said, I'm going over some pictures and video. Does anyone want their license plate taken out? Let know me ASAP Iíll post them up soon.

I would say block both mine and Scotts... maybe just to be safe block them all so no one gets in trouble...just my $0.02 worth.....Rich

69Mach1
06-02-2014, 06:19 PM

That being said, I'm going over some pictures and video. Does anyone want their license plate taken out? Let know me ASAP Iíll post them up soon.

Yes please block mine.
Thanks
Rick

svtfiend
06-02-2014, 07:39 PM
It was definitely nice meeting all of you even for the short time I was there. Sucks the dyno didn't work out, maybe next time! 69mach1, Rich, and Josh's dad told some great stories and Rich has some very cool projects. Thanks to everyone! Josh did you get your car running right?

OxmanWI
06-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Any pictures I see that have a plate number I'll edit out.

The car runs a lot better then it did that's for sure.