New throttle body?

good to doo

so now that the 95 sc is parked for another winter I want to do a few mods that don,t break the bank$$$. I am looking at the 75mm tbody with the 3 inch scp air intake. Around $300. Now they talk about a 73mm and a 76mm mafs sensor. What is that all about? should I get one? I am not planning any other mods, just looking for a bit more power. The car is all stock. thanks . good to doo.

so now that the 95 sc is parked for another winter I want to do a few mods that don,t break the bank$$$. I am looking at the 75mm tbody with the 3 inch scp air intake. Around $300. Now they talk about a 73mm and a 76mm mafs sensor. What is that all about? should I get one? I am not planning any other mods, just looking for a bit more power. The car is all stock. thanks . good to doo.

Unless you have an MP inlet plenum on the supercharger, you won't gain anything by going larger than a 70mm TB. That's because the stock inlet plenum is about 68mm at it smallest point (even when ported). Suggest getting the MP inlet plenum first, then a 75mm or even an 85mm TB will be worth investing in.

The MAF housing needs to be as big or bigger than the TB or it will be a restriction. A 76mm MAF, 3" intake pipe and 75mm TB match up well and will be enough to make 350 rwhp with the right supporting mods.

David

Thanks david, so I will need the mp inlet and then these parts will all come together and make a noticeable improvement. thanks good to doo.

Back