Idler pulley?

good to doo

I,m looking at the steel set, is there any advantage using these? I don,t put many miles on this car and I do have several sets of stock plastic pulleys laying around.thanks good to doo.

I have a couple sets of high mileage sets of stock plastic that have a scalloped wear to the belt contact surface area. The plastic sorta collapsed between the ribs. If your using the hi tension springs from SCP it probly b worse. I would just use stockers if the bearings were good.

Adam

Yes, the advantage to steel is they never wear out -- you just replace the bearing in side when it goes bad. The synthetics wear out, in my experience, about with the bearings.

And Dayco 89175 is the small one -- the one on the JackShaft. I had trouble finding it on any sites (like rockauto) but that is the part number I found at the dayco site, ordered and installed a few weeks ago. It is steel.

And Dayco 89175 is the small one -- the one on the JackShaft. I had trouble finding it on any sites (like rockauto) but that is the part number I found at the dayco site, ordered and installed a few weeks ago. It is steel.

Is that the belt or the pulley you speak of? Cause the 3 pulleys from scp are all the same size. thanks

Is that the belt or the pulley you speak of? Cause the 3 pulleys from scp are all the same size. thanks

That was the smaller of the three pulleys on my stock 92 sc. It is the jackshaft pulley. And mine is definitely smaller diameter than the other two (70mm vs 76mm). Furthermore, to remove the belt, I must rotate the tensioner until the pulley hits the compressor which *barely* leaves enough slack to remove the belt. Perhaps when the compressor was replaced it was larger than the previous one and someone used the smaller pulley to make it possible to get the belt on and off with the larger compessor????

Back