Speed Sensitive Steering Issue

jjklongisland

So I just got the car back from the mechanic and I am noticing that the steering seams very loose at high speed. It no longer gets firmer. It seamed to work fine before I brought it to the shop. I had the new radiator installed, power steering pump and timing chain done. Could something have been disconnected during the install or could it just be a coincidence. Any thoughts on what it could be...

thanks

I had the new radiator installed, power steering pump and timing chain done. It seamed to work fine before I brought it to the shop.

Then why was it replaced? Was it a new or reman'd pump?

Have you driven it enough to be sure all the air has bled out?

Was the rack replaced too? If not, how many miles on it?

What type fluid did they use?

>Nothing was done to the steering components

A typical water pump job includes removal/reinstall of the power steering pump pulley to get at a bracket that prohibits pulling the water pump.

I don't see any reason that should have affected steering, outside of incompetence, perhaps - maybe the mechanic thought the pwr. steering pump had to come out and messed with the lines/control valve?

If you turn lock/lock while stationary, do you hear the pump relief working?

How much fluid is showing on the reservoir dip stick?

>Nothing was done to the steering components

A typical water pump job includes removal/reinstall of the power steering pump pulley to get at a bracket that prohibits pulling the water pump.

I don't see any reason that should have affected steering, outside of incompetence, perhaps - maybe the mechanic thought the pwr. steering pump had to come out and messed with the lines/control valve?

If you turn lock/lock while stationary, do you hear the pump relief working?

How much fluid is showing on the reservoir dip stick?

Cool, I will look into this as soon as I go outside. Are there any electronic control modules that could have failed? I will also speak with him on Monday...

Back