ECT and ACT

cpugod55

I have both of these codes saying that they are at -40 degrees. I know these run on the same circuit to the pcm, but can't figure out where the error is coming from, both sensors test fine and have been swapped and the PCM has been swapped with the same results. I get readings with the key on engine off of 12 volts and the other wire 7 volts treating them like a ground. I am getting frustrated, any ideas? BTW car runs awesome even with both of these codes, but of course no cooling fan.

I guess I must have had a bad connection on the ACT. I had cleared the codes and rechecked with both engine running and off. I only get 118 for a code now. I can trigger the the high reading by disconnecting the ECT. Also while it was running I rechecked the volotage readings on the ECT wire harness, and they are both 12 volts on the negative side. With the ACT, was an old code stored from way back, probably when I was messing around swapping sensors with the old PCM.

>I only get 118 for a code now. I can trigger the the high reading by disconnecting the ECT.

If that means you don't get that code with it connected, then you're good to go, I guess.

I got it figured out finally, harness has been disconnected so many times that the actual little internal connectors had spread to far. code 111 now. Thank you for helping.

Back