PDA

View Full Version : Cyclical Idle Problems

neverfastenough
12-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Having an idle problem on my daily driver, The car is 95% stock. The video will explain it best.

Oddly, pulling the battery cable and resetting will actually cure this problem, for about a week, then it returns.

Any ideas?

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/neverfastenough230/media/VIDEO0031_zps0b167dfa.mp4.html

neverfastenough
12-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Left the radio on:o. Cant hear the car anyway, stock exhaust. FYI The idle does drop smoothly untill it finally chugs and has to recover.

XR7 Dave
12-11-2013, 09:59 AM
It's that remote start you have in there. Let me guess, you let it idle long enough to get up to temperature before you drive it?

neverfastenough
12-11-2013, 10:04 AM
It's that remote start you have in there. Let me guess, you let it idle long enough to get up to temperature before you drive it?

It idles about 5-8min each morning, I normally let it go long enough to ease up the piston slap.

BLOWN38
12-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Throw the QH on there and see what its doing.;)

Maybe the O2's are bad. So it runs ok with no KAM memory then it learns bad things and runs like crap.

Dave prolly threw you a good tune in there for you to mess with ya.

neverfastenough
12-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Not the o2s, they were swapped, thinking it could be the autolite 103s. Maybe it would like a stock plug better for idling and my sissy grandpa driving. Id really hate to change plugs, just an oil change the other day reminded me how crap is in the way on these things when theyre stock. Probably try cleaning the maf also.

I dont have the stradegy file to hook up the qh, and I dont want to pull it outta my turbo car.