PDA

View Full Version : I bought a Coupe killer lol

spetz01
12-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Sorry guys, went way into the Dark Side with this one.

I'm gonna just post the link to the other forum.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=328258

Always wanted one of these, this ones a beast. Looks good sitting in the garage next to my black Coupe.

KMT
12-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Nice looking murder'd out 4-door Vette :)

Is this it or a twin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCfeIV8aQQg

superdadsc
12-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Always liked the SS Impala. How is it with a 6 spd? How much power is it making! What does it run in the quarter?

Nice score!

spetz01
12-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I got it home from Wisconsin, drove it all the way here without a problem. The 6 speed is just fantastic. I spent 300 bucks driving it 2500 km over the three days to get home. It basically is at idle doing 70 mph.

I'm not sure of a 1/4 mile, I doubt I ever will. Same as my SC, not much into dragging. I saw a video of the impala putting down 602 RWHP. Even if that's false, it makes my SC feel like I'm driving a Prius.

spetz01
12-11-2013, 04:10 PM
That's the car in the video.

superdadsc
12-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Talk about a sleeper!!
I don't hit the track that often. Just to get an idea and have a little fun every once and awhile.

I would love a road course track car for road Atlanta but the SC isn't really suited for that with it's supercharger and worrying about heat soak.

spetz01
12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
It's not much of a sleeper really, if you heard it you'd know for sure. The procharger makes an entirely different sound vs the quiet (at idle) SC version. I do wish however that it made the "whine" like the Coupes. This ones set up with a blow off, so there's a lot of "whooshing" instead

jjklongisland
12-12-2013, 08:47 PM
That without a shadow of a doubt is the sickest Impala SS on the road. I love the 6 speed conversion. An acquaintance of mine has a 90's caprice wagon with a 6 speed conversion. I normally woudn't ask a question like this but how much did you pay for it??? I am dying to know because it looks like no expense was spared on that car...

spetz01
12-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Song and a dance....20 of em lol

I think I felt a little guilty driving away :) when I got it home I pulled all model numbers off the stereo, which by the way is crazy, and got a price of around 8500. The Procharger alone is 6+. I've yet to get an appraisal, but I think I'll be OK. Tires were new, 305 and 255 F1's, mint rims, interior is next to brand new.

I've got a couple of things to do to get her road worthy here. Minor.

sccrewzer
12-13-2013, 01:28 AM
I've always wanted a 96 Impala SS but never had the money that one looks awesome someday I might pull the trigger when my boys are older. great buy

jjklongisland
12-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Song and a dance....20 of em lol

I think I felt a little guilty driving away :) when I got it home I pulled all model numbers off the stereo, which by the way is crazy, and got a price of around 8500. The Procharger alone is 6+. I've yet to get an appraisal, but I think I'll be OK. Tires were new, 305 and 255 F1's, mint rims, interior is next to brand new.

I've got a couple of things to do to get her road worthy here. Minor.

I think you got a deal and a half... That stereo does look sick. I wish you were closer. I would so love to get a close look at this unique car. Good luck with it and great find. Any idea what it could do at the track?

spetz01
12-13-2013, 06:37 PM
I haven't seen anything in the history regarding any racing. I'm thinking not that great on account of the weight. It does hook up really nice, better than my SC, but nothing's been done to the rear end except bushings.

CaifanSC
12-19-2013, 01:58 AM
+1...great buy.

I still have a soft spot for that generation impalas. There are very few 4 doors sedans i'd actually buy. I just hate those two extra doors....but a 96 impala is one of the few. Twin turbo and a 6 speed conversion....yummy!

Micahdogg
12-19-2013, 05:28 PM
That's a sweet ride. A couple years ago I bought a minty 32K mile Marauder for $15,000. $5000 more doesn't seem like a whole lot, especially when you consider how gutless a stock Marauder is :)

Ira R.
12-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Neighbor down the block has one very similar. Same year. Car has classic looks and runs like it won't stop. I know he has a lot of fun driving it.

No, we've never matched up leaving the development = lol =