Where to get suspension???? Tokico

XxSlowpokexX

I know there have been availability issues. My buddy bought an all original 95 SC that needs a suspension overhaul. When I say all original I mean I just changed the plugs last year for the first time ever on it.

Well he wants to keep it basically stock so Im looking for that tokico suspension kit that used to be avilable. He wants to keep the adjustable suspension and well this would be ideal. Any ideas?

Thanks

Damon

From what I understand, Tokico lost their american distributor or something like that, so unless you have a buddy in Japan or Europe that can buy them and ship them over to you, and that is assuming that shocks for an odd-ball american car are even available to purchase overseas, which they may not be since there probably aren't more than a few dozen SCs outside of the US to begin with.

Bit of an update:

The old distributor went bankrupt, and he was doing final assembly.

They've got a new distributor set up, but parts aren't all here in the US yet.

So, if the OP can wait a few months to a year, they should be available.

I presume from what you're saying is that you want the Illumina II ARC shock replacements, and you're leaving the factory springs installed?

RwP

I've been looking around for a set too, andysautosport.com seems to have the rears only.

I need the fronts as well though, if anyone finds anything let me know or if multiple buyers are needed count me in.

Last edited:
Just got a reply from Andysautosport and they are out of the rears :(
I have a front set and need the rear ones...

Post some part numbers and I can do a little digging. I work for a VW/Audi speed shop and some of our distributors have huge catalogs.

There are at least 2 multi-page threads on this subject. Tokico is in the midst of switching distributors for the entire USA. That means moving equipment and tooling. The shocks are supposed to become fully available sometime early in 2014. Shox.com is in contact with Tokico about it.

Edit:
Um, yeah, what Ralph said. :)

I have recently been on the search myself for this same thing. I have ordered these just for a "get by with" until I can get something better. Hope this helps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/290747730134?lpid=82

Y'know, if you're doing a "get by with", RockAuto DOES list KYB GR2's / Excels and SACHS SuperTourings for not much more (well, the SACHS would be about $160 or so for a pair), and SensaTracs for around $16 each ...

Beats nothing.

RwP

You can find them quite easily on E-Bay. Of course, they're listed at twice the usual retail price :eek:

Last time I looked they were asking about $1300 for the set.

You can find them quite easily on E-Bay. Of course, they're listed at twice the usual retail price :eek:

Last time I looked they were asking about $1300 for the set.

Havent even been seeing then there. Its like someone bought everythig SC related!

What we really need is a company/shop that can rebuild the factory shox for a reasonable price. I don't see way that can't be done providing the shells are in good shape.

Back