Gauge Mount in Dash - Din Delete Plate?

jjklongisland

So, I think I am going to try and install a triple gauge cluster in the lower empty tray in my 89. I cannot find a blank plastic single din delete panel that I could use to cut the three gauges into. Does anybody know where I could find one. I am looking to do an install like the one attached. The gauges I want to use are prosport evo's. I think they look awesome and really match the car...

http://prosportgauges.com/evo-series-green-and-white.aspx

Attachments

• Gauges.jpg
    Gauges.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,762
Rod (RaceCougar) made the gauge mounting plate for my 93 SC.

garage_attachment.php

David

If you look closely to the pic you attached, it's not a delete. it's the metal gauge holder that comes with the 3 gauge sets, just upside down.

If you look closely to the pic you attached, it's not a delete. it's the metal gauge holder that comes with the 3 gauge sets, just upside down.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Its the only photo I could find that showed gauges in that spot. It actually worked out well for the guy. I really am looking for a very clean install.

Hey Dave, is that a 60mm gauge to the left of the radio?

That is a Turbosmart E-Boost II electronic boost controller, and I'm not sure what the diameter is. Looks to be about the same as a 2-1/16" gauge. Not really the easiest place to install a gauge, but I was pretty much out of space and there weren't any triple gauge pillar pods available at the time. BTW, that picture is of my 93 SC with a turbocharged v8 conversion and standalone engine management.

David

Not really the easiest place to install a gauge, but I was pretty much out of space...

Yes, that area is tempting, but it takes a bit of planning. I put a white faced 2 1/6" analog clock there and had to fit a tilt bezel & back bracket before it looked right and didn't point down. Tight fit against the radio bucket. Also had to file down two edge cuts so the added bezel sat right over the thin raised trim that surrounds that area.

I've made a few runs of these in the past. There are a few issues with the 89-93's though. The 89-93 "DIN" is a bit shorter in height than in the 94-97 dash. With a 2-1/16" gauge, there is just a thin bridge of material above and below each gauge hole. The 89-93 DIN is also vertical, which makes it difficult to view the gauges (this is greatly improved in the 94-97 dash). Last of all, more mounting options for the panel are present with the 94-97's, where the 89-93's require epoxying in place. All said, I'm not crazy about making them for the 89-93's, but I do when someone needs one. I make all of mine from sheet aluminum.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos and reply. I was looking today I was wishing I could mount 2 in one of the air conditioning vents. The post 94s do look better and have a better position. Another option would be to move the radio to the lower din and put the gauges in the upper

Back