Vmm ??

Dougie

If my car did not come with the VMM (someone is selling one and this is what they call it) is there still a harness back there somewhere for it to plug into or can I not get one to put into that blank gap?

Attachments

• vmm901.jpg
    vmm901.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 43
Im not sure. All of mine, even the 5speed came with VMMs. You can always just take a peek. There is a 1-1/2" wide by about 1/2" tall black connector with maybe somewhere around 20 pins give or take a few. In your car itll be above the radio. However... IF your car was not equipped with a VMM originally, be sure you have the sensors that it uses. There is a coolant level sensor in the plastic overflow bottle, an oil level sensor on the side of the oil pan, etc.

I would guess that the wiring is there. It's cheaper and easier for the OEMs to produce a single wiring harness, regardless of the options to be installed in the car, than to produce wiring harnesses tailored to the actual options package in a particular vehicle. For example, my 95 LX was wired for power seats even though it came with a manual passenger seat.

I've been wrong before, though.

The plug is probably back there. To make it work correctly, you'll need the coolant overflow with the sensor and the oil sensor that goes into the oil pan.

Cool.. I have a sensor for the coolant level that I was going to install into it but noticed I would need a VMM for it to even work. Thanks everyone for your input :)

I´m sure it has, once I installed the VMM in my LX.
If you would like to have it shining, open it and turn the visor inside out. :D

Back