PDA

View Full Version : No tach/ speedo plus no rear running lamps

Dougie
12-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I recently took out my cluster and installed white face gauges and put in some red lights for illumination. Unfortunately the red lights aren't bright enough so I need brighter ones I guess.. anyways, after reinstall I have no tach or speedo. haven't started diagnostics on why yet though. I've been working on a no rear running lamp problem I have also. They did work fine, but I think I might have gotten rid of some necessary wires accidentally when I took out the aftermarket alarm system. I know the harness isn't getting power so I'm going to follow the wiring to the fuse box and hopefully run across my problem.
I know the motto "If it ain't broke don't fix it" but all them wires under my dash with double toggle switches and 3 relays all hanging down really annoyed me. The gauges was just for show but never had a problem uninstalling and reinstalling before. Here's to another exciting day workin' on the 'bird.

Dougie
12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
I have fixed the cluster not working issue, but still no rear running lamps. As far as I know there is a fuse for RR/park lamps so I'm guessing this is for rear running lamps considering there is one for the FRT/park lamps also. Any ideas to help would be appreciated, thanks.