PDA

View Full Version : stumble in low rpm

Icebird
12-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi there
I am back with small prob.Stumble in the low rpmīs. The check engine starts to glow when it goes over 1200 rpm and goes of when it idle.There is no codes in the computer. The plugs are new and the gap is set the wires are driven only 3000 miles and they are Ford wires, new dis box, but the coilpack is used some time. I can make it go clean up the rpmīs if I am very smooth on the gas pedal but if I press to hard it stumbel, sometime very hard sometimes not.
Have any thougts ?

Palli

S_Mazza
12-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Has this problem been going on ever since you changed the plugs and wires?

If so, I would suggest checking the wire order at the coil pack. Here is a link to the proper order:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=452963&postcount=2

SC34
12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Even tho the plugs are new, it could be possible one of them could have gotten cracked (during install).. my SC buddy had a similar issue that haunted him for months, changed about every part on the engine, finally found #1 plug with cracked ceramic. Stumbled bad when making the engine pull mainly when under boost. Hope you find it and it's cheap and easy fix

Mike Puckett
12-19-2013, 03:01 PM
I would also check all of the intercooler tubing. You could have a leaky seal that would allow unmetered air to enter the system and cause it to go very lean. I've had this problem before.

Icebird
12-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi
Thanks for these answers and I will check them what is still in my brain is about the light ????????????? Why does it come and go and no codes in the computer ??????????????

Palli

12-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Just a thought but maybe test the battery and alternator. Its easy and quick to do.

SC34
12-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Weird issue with the light. I would be sure the ecm is getting a good ground thru the connector. Never heard of this before on any vehicle

Icebird
01-02-2014, 06:05 AM
Hi there and happy new year
I was thinking about this prob. I went over all connection when the car wood not start after I put the new engine in then I had huge prob when the car did not start. But better be save than sorry. So I went and check all the connection that I found and all good. But yesterday I heard like spark was going out somewhere so me and friend of mine looked in the dark for some light but did not see anything but we track the sound to the right front corner of the car?????????? is there something there that will make this problem ?????

Palli

Mike8675309
01-02-2014, 11:13 AM
You are sure that no codes are stored? It should store even intermittent issues. Check your wiring for your oxygen sensors. In particular make sure they are not grounding out on something. A problem in the wiring of the o2 sensors could lead to a engine stumble and a intermittent check engine light. Though a code should get stored.

S_Mazza
01-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi there and happy new year
I was thinking about this prob. I went over all connection when the car wood not start after I put the new engine in then I had huge prob when the car did not start. But better be save than sorry. So I went and check all the connection that I found and all good. But yesterday I heard like spark was going out somewhere so me and friend of mine looked in the dark for some light but did not see anything but we track the sound to the right front corner of the car?????????? is there something there that will make this problem ?????

Palli

Maybe a relay in the IRCM (between the passenger headlight and the air filter box) is bouncing. Sounds like a loose connection is likely, and not allowing proper voltage to reach the relay and enable it to stay closed.