PDA

View Full Version : Checking for old school guys who might remember this SC

figulaz
12-22-2013, 01:12 AM
I picked up this car a couple weeks ago from an a member that was active back in 2000-2002ish. It's a 93 5 spd. the owner was Elbert Dooley. It had a lic plate that said CADMAN if that helps. He has since moved onto a 6.0 pontiac gto. He's a great guy and just happy to see the car was going to a SC fan.
It had a coy miller stage 2 engine once upon a time and was one of the faster cars back in the day. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47084&highlight=Elbert It came with a lot of goodies and I'm finishing up a stock used engine install this weekend. If you remember racing it or better yet have any pics pls post...that would be awesome. Any info would be appreciated Goodies included...
Built tranny by someone well known out of OR (he forgot who)
Center force clutch
B&M ripper shifter
3.55 gears
2 1/2 to 3 or 3 1/2 back to 2 1/2 exhaust w/ dynomax mufflers
Kooks headers mid length
Dual intercooler w fan
Extrude honed lower IC tube
Griffin rad
Fuel pump...not sure if it is 255 or 190
Not to mention a bone straight rust free body with shiny paint and a good interior
I have an unported late model blower going in for now

SuperCoupe007
12-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi,

Good to see another member posting about a new SC and putting her back together. Sorry I cannot help as I don't know anything about this SC. I still haven't gotten my SC up and running yet but hopefully once it is running we can setup some local meets!

Good Luck!!!

sccrewzer
12-23-2013, 05:28 PM
So what happened to the coy engine it used to have? I'm working on a coy stage 2 engine
myself I've been on it about two years now very limited on funds and buy stuff when I get a little extra cash. Hope you get it on the road soon it would be cool to have a meet in the near future.

figulaz
12-26-2013, 11:59 PM
I think he burned a piston due to small injectors/ tune. He said he sold it back to Coy around 2008. I got my car to fire up yesterday on the 1st try! Just need to bolt up collectors and a few final touches...then wait for tax money to pay registration back fees:( If you need a hand turning wrenches or spare parts let me know

figulaz
12-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi,

Good to see another member posting about a new SC and putting her back together. Sorry I cannot help as I don't know anything about this SC. I still haven't gotten my SC up and running yet but hopefully once it is running we can setup some local meets!

Good Luck!!!

That sounds great. Maybe a Qualcomm /racelegal.com meet in the near future

SuperCoupe007
01-24-2014, 12:58 PM
I have had bad experiences and memories at Qualcomm stadium :p
I am down for a meeting, but I don't think I am ready to track my car. I just got it back running LOL :cool: