2014 Carlisle Sat/Sun Lunch

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
SCCoA will be picking up the tab for lunch on Saturday and Sunday at Carlisle for 2014. Sorry, lobster is off the menu this year.

I know many people don't get in until later on Friday, and many don't stick around on Sunday, so I'm sure we can spread the food around to catch all three days if it works out.

Here's my thought - no one can manage all of the grills, food, coolers, etc. by themselves. So we're going to need a few people that can either bring stuff to Carlisle, or do some minor shopping at Carlisle.

I'm going to start a list based off of previous years and what usually goes well. If someone would like to cook and/or bring a speciality item, please do! We'll cover the basics and many years people have brought deserts, speciality burgers, etc. We should also talk drinks - SCCoA isn't providing beer, but can do soft drinks and water, though it seems lots of people already bring that stuff and share.

- Grills
- Propane
- Hamburgers
- Hot Dogs
- Sausage
- Buns
- Utensils (Grill and plastic forks/knives)
- Soft drinks
- Water
- Cups (If 2 liters of soda, etc.)
- Coolers
- Ice
- Condiments (No, Ken, I said condiments!)

Anything I'm missing?

Once we get a good list and we get a little closer to the event, we'll work out who's doing what and we'll make sure everyone is reimbursed for out-of-pocket money if they bring something SCCoA is going to provide.

Pat,
I still have plastic utensils from the last two years :eek: which I will bring again this year and if we need to get more I can take care of that too. I will check and see what is left. I also have an extra set of Grill utensils I can bring.

Ralph

Last edited:
I'm in

This year should be my first carlisle.ive been there many of times but never with my car in the ford nationals.im 50mins away will def be nice to talk to sc owners in person.i have yet to meet a current owner anywhere.seems I'm the only one around lol but that's kinda good.ill register ASAP see u all there and I can bring whatever is decided food/beverages cooler etc tools ill prolly bring too u never know

Carlisle

I'll pick up a fruit platter, paper plates, a case of water, and possibly a grill with propane

So here's the food situation -

A few people are bringing grills - thanks guys. If others want to bring a grill or two, feel free. Those little travel ones are small and convenient, but slow down the cooking process.

As for food itself, Damon and I will be handling the basics. Burgers, dogs, buns, water, soda, condiments and paper products. These are being provided by SCCoA.

If there's something special you'd like to bring and share, please feel free. Any and all food is welcome, but we'll be providing the basics for Saturday and Sunday lunch.

Is there a timeframe we are trying to shoot for this year for the lunch? Perhaps get the word out now...and well gives me to the last minute to make sure I bring something to the shin-dig :D.

-Tim

Nothing in stone; I think last year we did lunch around 1pm? I think anywhere in there is fine. Seems people just come and go for lunch anyway. If we wanted to pick a time, figure 12:30-1:30 we'll be grilling.

Hey pat and damon. I have 96 hot dogs and buns left over from this weekend so those are covered.

Lunch

I wnt b able to make it fri have to work till noon and then work alil on the car but I'll there sat round 1.I hope or alil later

Back