PDA

View Full Version : blower help

tim
12-26-2013, 09:08 AM
I figured I would ask the true experts on blowers. Is anyone running a pro charger? I want one big enough so when I go forged stroker I can really turn up the boost. On a stock 5.7 most guys run 6-8 lbs of boost. Why bother if that's all you are going to do. I have seen some Kenny bell blowers on the net too, kind of looks like a rally big m 90. I also noticed there a lot of different sizes too. Who is running the biggest blower on a v6 supercoupe? So please chime in. I don't want to go to a shootout and get beat by everybody there.:D One other thing who has the best prices on aftermarket blowers. I was going to go turbo but there are just not enough options. A sts twin turbo kit is 10 grand. Thanks ahead of time for your help. Hey Dalke want to do a mopar blower job??:eek:

XR7 Dave
12-26-2013, 09:18 AM
I figured I would ask the true experts on blowers. Is anyone running a pro charger? I want one big enough so when I go forged stroker I can really turn up the boost. On a stock 5.7 most guys run 6-8 lbs of boost. Why bother if that's all you are going to do. I have seen some Kenny bell blowers on the net too, kind of looks like a rally big m 90. I also noticed there a lot of different sizes too. Who is running the biggest blower on a v6 supercoupe? So please chime in. I don't want to go to a shootout and get beat by everybody there.:D One other thing who has the best prices on aftermarket blowers. I was going to go turbo but there are just not enough options. A sts twin turbo kit is 10 grand. Thanks ahead of time for your help. Hey Dalke want to do a mopar blower job??:eek:

Keep talking.

nickleman60
12-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I believe Brian Oatway is currently running the biggest blower, a 2.6 KB I think. Chris Vinning is getting ready to install a 2.4 AR and David Neibert and I have 2.3 Whipples. After that there's a few 2.0 AR's, 1.9 TVS's and 1.7 AR's. Chris Wise is running a centrifugal Procharger, I don't know what size.

BLOWN38
12-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Get a F1...A I think it is.;)

I have a customer that is running a Paxton novi 2200SL. Its self lubricating so you don't have to tap the oil pan. It makes 715 on the 4.6 at 21 psi. JPC did one on a coyote and made 1000.

Wzenheimer
12-26-2013, 11:38 AM
My Procharger is a D1SC. If I was going to put one on with a larger displacement I would go with a F1 variant.

http://www.procharger.com/CHRYSLER/chrysler_auto.shtml

Notice in most of their kits they come with the P-1SC-1. All of the ATI prochargers have the basic same physical shape. So if you want to get a kit you could then just change out the P-1SC-1 to a larger blower. ATI would actually help you piece this together too and they call it a tuner kit.

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

tim
12-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I only make 485 hp on a 100 shot. I would like to be closer to 700on the blower and still have my air ect. A fast street car. I would probably keep the nitrous and just use it at the track. Only run that at a 75 shot. One of the guys in California has a full weight charger with a procharger. He says its stock displacement just forged. His car runs 9.70. I don't need to go that fast but it would be nice to run a low 10.:D Who am I kidding hell yes I would love to run a 9.:eek:

kenewagner
12-26-2013, 03:47 PM
I was going to go turbo but there are just not enough options. A sts twin turbo kit is 10 grand. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

I would still consider the turbo direction. You free up considerable HP that the blower sucks up to run it and I would guess there is a weight savings. I know my old 2.3 Whipple was a lot of weight sitting over the engine. I am surprised at the STS price but I assume that is a complete bolt on kit with every nut and bolt you need to make life simple. Their universal kit is quite a bit cheaper but you need to fabricate to make it fit.

Ken

BLOWN38
12-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Centrifugals weigh squat. Especially when you compare a 3.4 whipple to the 2200 paxton which pump out about the same horsepower. But the Whipple kills the paxton out of the hole.;)

superdadsc
12-26-2013, 07:51 PM
I would go mid mount/remote turbo with a comp oil less turbo. No oiling system to deal with.:D
Just a single to keep things less complicated and less things to go wrong!:D

kenewagner
12-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I would go mid mount/remote turbo with a comp oil less turbo. No oiling system to deal with.:D
Just a single to keep things less complicated and less things to go wrong!:D

Where would you mid mount the turbo:D

Ken

superdadsc
12-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Who know's?:eek: Never been under one but the cool thing about the comp oil less turbo is that you can mount it any way you chose so if there is a spot where a resonator or middle muffler? Just a thought.

I would do it to where the install was the least complicated. A good remote setup could over power that stock motor in a heart beat and easy to install with no oil system to worry about like with with any mid remote setup. If the oil system has a problem and you can kiss those turbo's goodbye and that seem to be the biggest complaint with remote turbo setups from there owners. It will make a bunch of power.

XR7 Dave
12-27-2013, 02:10 PM
A bolt on D1 kit will get you in all sorts of trouble. Count me out when you start talking turbo. On that car a turbo is for dreamers or people with very deep pockets.

Mike8675309
12-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Centrifugal blowers do not gain you anything when compared to a twin screw blower and have all the same down sides. Unless you have packaging concerns it wouldn't be worth the effort unless you got the blower and brackets for free. Much of the real work that I've seen being done now with the twin screws is working to reduce the bottle necks that feed the blower and the engine. Those same sort of problems would be there for a centrifugal blower.

Just bolting on a piece of hardware doesn't cut it anymore. A systems approach is necessary to make "reliable" power.