more blower questions

tim

I know after owning a SC I should already know this stuff. But what the heck you guys already know Im not that smart. So on 93 octane gas, no boosters or additives what is about the max boost I should be shooting for? Next what about compression ratio? I will be getting forged pistons and rods so I should be able to get whatever compression I want. I see a lot of the 5.7 guys with stock bottom ends running 6 lbs of boost. I have to ask myself why bother with a blower for only 100 to 150 hp. You guys that really know me know I take this stuff rally serious and like to buy the best parts I can afford. Is aiming for 20lbs of boost on 93 octane to much to hope for? Thanks again for all your help over the years. No matter what I drive I still think of this place as my club where I respect the answers and opinions of the many knowable guys on this board. Tim:) .

I am no expert that is for sure but I don't think it is a question of buying awesome pistons, and turning the dial up.

What is your current setup?

Get some awesome heads and a cam. Then a blower that meets your needs. Not much choice really, a M90...late model, MPX.......or go big......TVS, Whipple, etc.:eek:

As far as boost and 93 octane go are you going to use any injection with it? Whatever you decide you will want a good tune or it won't matter how good those pistons are.

20lbs would make me :eek::eek:

14 to 17 :D:D

14lbs on one SC could walk all over another with 20lbs, it depends on the combo of parts
Intake, blower, heads, cam, inj, IC and tune.
5.7L guys can only boost so much because of compression and lack of a blower piston. A lot of them have no IC so even 6lbs could be very high and close to disaster.

Talk to DD about pistons and parts regarding a rebuild. Pick a power level not a boost level. 300 rwhp isn't hard, 350 takes a MPX and everything else. For 400plus break out the check book, get a second mortgage on the house and you can get there. A custom blower setup at that point!

Last edited:
I am no expert that is for sure but I don't think it is a question of buying awesome pistons, and turning the dial up.

What is your current setup?

Get some awesome heads and a cam. Then a blower that meets your needs. Not much choice really, a M90...late model, MPX.......or go big......TVS, Whipple, etc.:eek:

As far as boost and 93 octane go are you going to use any injection with it? Whatever you decide you will want a good tune or it won't matter how good those pistons are.

20lbs would make me :eek::eek:

14 to 17 :D:D

14lbs on one SC could walk all over another with 20lbs, it depends on the combo of parts
Intake, blower, heads, cam, inj, IC and tune.
5.7L guys can only boost so much because of compression and lack of a blower piston. A lot of them have no IC so even 6lbs could be very high and close to disaster.

Talk to DD about pistons and parts regarding a rebuild. Pick a power level not a boost level. 300 rwhp isn't hard, 350 takes a MPX and everything else. For 400plus break out the check book, get a second mortgage on the house and you can get there. A custom blower setup at that point!

Dont think he is running a SC.

Ken

Boost means nothing, it's all just about cylinder pressure. Your Hemi can make more cylinder pressure NA than an SC motor @ 7psi. Keep that in mind. 15psi on your Hemi won't work very well on pump gas alone because it would be more comparable to 22psi in an SC.

Guys I have a Chrysler 300 c now, and yes it has cam, heads and all kinds of other do dads. I really want to go with a blower next. Dave that probably explains why most guys are running 6-7 lbs of boost. Seems pretty low to me. It give most hemis at a stretch 160 more hp. Not bad but nothing like the 300 hp. I was hoping for . I have to say Dave I didn't equate the cylinder pressure to boost. Looks like I still have a lot more to learn. Well The bright side is with that little boost I don't have to go forged parts. After I put the blower I think I will take a trip and see you Dave, I want one tune for the blower street another strip and another blower and nitrous and strip only. I cant think of any one else I would rather have tune it now you are doing mopars too. Thanks for all the good input guys. I will giv you a call before I buy the blower and kick around which one. I got a lot of good Ideas on choices from the guys on here.:D

I recommend a TVS 2300. I think they have a kit. No nitrous. If you want to go nitrous you need forged parts, even a small shot. Dual power adders is a whole different ball game than single power adder.

Nitrous does work good with the Procharger due to the lower boost at lower rpms.

Back