PDA

View Full Version : star emissions

whitebird93
12-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Any of you guys deal with this yet? My number just got pulled.

Tommy Turbo
12-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Every one of my SHO's and Turbo Mopar's get these every time, The state believes them to be more likely to be higher polluters and wants them to go to a place who is less likely to make it pass somehow.

figulaz
12-27-2013, 12:12 PM
The state made up Test Only stations years back for the purpose Tommy Turbo mentioned. The did Test only at a significant mark up from regular stations. It also worked to the consumers advantage as you wouldn't be intentionally failed to be up-sold repair/maintanence...(techs would pull a vacuum hose...go into lean misfire and fail you on Hydrocarbons...sell a tune-up and just reconnect the hose. With no up-sale potential...no reason to flunk you. Test-Only stations didn't really generate enough revenue to keep afloat on testing alone..so test only became "Star" stations and they can now do repairs. Test procedure is exactly the same though for Star or regular shops. I think the state is equally stringent on Star as non-star stations so I honestly don't get it. They could've ditch the whole thing..instead Star stations get hand fed a bunch customers by the state.

whitebird93
12-29-2013, 12:03 AM
how many of you guys have a 3rd cat?

91Tbird SC
01-02-2014, 12:58 AM
My number got pulled too. Hopefully she passes if not I know people who can help me pass but charge a arm and a leg

whitebird93
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Well I passed but just barely. My numbers passed by 1 point on 2 deferent tests. It looked like they did a visual inspection but didnt say anything about my headers or my aftermarket cats. So I'm good or 2 years but probably won't pass next time.

ironworker
01-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Friend of mine just got pulled over by the cops. They did a smog check on the side of the road. His car failed they gave him a fix it ticket and they said not to go to the same shop because they are going to be investigated for eillegal smog checks. So beware guys. Watch out

figulaz
01-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Friend of mine just got pulled over by the cops. They did a smog check on the side of the road. His car failed they gave him a fix it ticket and they said not to go to the same shop because they are going to be investigated for eillegal smog checks. So beware guys. Watch out

Was it a voluntary test? They gave my father-in-law the option for a roadside test a few months ago...his car is stock and passed fine but they offered info on the buy back program. Did your buddy fail visual or actual emissions?

ironworker
01-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Fail there road side test. And visual.

Tommy Turbo
01-13-2014, 02:29 AM
If it is one of those tests where it's like a dui checkpoint, they are supposedly voluntary, you can refuse. I would If I ever ended up in one. If you actually get pulled over by the cops by your self, I've not heard of that, and don't know what the laws are on it.