CD Changer problems

radiorick

This past summer I put a JVC 12disc CD Changer in my '89 SC. I have the stock premium sound Ford cassette/radio in my Bird. The CD Changer has to run through the radio for it to work. The music sounds very muffled like the sound is coming from a can. It worked fine for a couple months then this happened. I brought the old one back, to Best Buy, where they replaced it with a brand new one. The problem still remains. The techs at Best Buy are puzzled also. Has anyone else had this problem. It's very annoying when you want to crank it up. The radio/cassette works fine. Sounds great for a stock system. Thanks Rick

Maybe the FM modulator that is sending the signal to your radio is bad? I know that this is obvious, but is the tuner on the exact frequency that the modulator is sending it's signal on? Some modulators have a switch that you can set to send the signal to a different frequency if you have interference.

This is just a guess but I have seen these things happen before.

Bob

The FM modulator is brand new. We even tryed a different frequency with no luck. I 'm not sure what to do next. Wonder if the stock amp can't handle the CD changer. I'm reaching, but what else could it be? Rick

Amps are Amps

There is nothing about the audio output of a CD player that an amp "can't handle".

I assume that the radio plays ok.

68COUGAR

Are you sure you have it set to the correct freq., and your not .1 off? Look again, or hit scan with the changer playing.

Jeff

Back