scat rods

SuperCoupes Unlimited or Super Six Motorsports . You could also get them from Summit, I believe they are the 351 Cleveland rods, but you would have 2 extra rods then

I'd email xr7dave he should have them in stock

SuperCoupes Unlimited or Super Six Motorsports . You could also get them from Summit, I believe they are the 351 Cleveland rods, but you would have 2 extra rods then

I'd email xr7dave he should have them in stock

windsor not cleveland..And rods come in different lenghts and specs. So it really depends what you want to do and what piston you plan on running

Okay, so i already have wiseco 30 over pistons that are the "off the shelf" ones that are pretty widely available. They are oe spec. If i go with 351w rods from scat, do i buy any rods?
Does anyone know the rod length or pin size?

I would email XR7 Dave and just get the whole setup from him. There are off the shelf wiseco pistons but you would have to use stock length rods with those. Not sure if the 351 rods come in the same length as SC rods or if the pin diameters are the same.

Oops just reread you already have the pistons. You will need rods of the correct stock length with the proper pin size.

Last edited:
Yeah im going to need to email dave. Stock sc rods are 5.914" but 351w rods i can only find in 5.956"
And i already bought pistons yes, so i will need the 5.914 rods.

Unfortunately there is no direct fit aftermarket rod that will work with that piston. The only thing you can do is have the pistons shortened up for the 351W rods but that will also raise compression to about 9.3:1 (depends on combustion chamber volume). Wiseco can do this for you or you can have a shop do it. It will probably cost you about $150 or so to have it done.

I have a set of 6 scat rods to sell. I bought them a few years ago from Mike 8675309. forgot WHAT I payed for them Mike may remember.
Randy

Randy paid: $278.74 in 2005 dollars.
Thread with details on the rods he purchased is here:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71238&highlight=scat

Scat #2-351-6200-2311-927 rods which are Ford 351W H-beam rods made of forged 4340 Chrome steel 6.2" center to center, with a 2.311 journal and bushed .927 rod end and with 3/8" ARP 8740 Cap Screws.

That was a special group price. (note the pin size on those rods is larger than stock)

Thanks for the help guys. I think I will just get Some arp rod studs. Plan on making 350hp/400tq
At the crank, and would like to rev to 6200.
I know it's hard to take a guess, but do you guys think it will be safe with the stock rods? I really don't want to have to get rid of these pistons.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I will just get Some arp rod studs. Plan on making 350hp/400tq
At the crank, and would like to rev to 6200.
I know it's hard to take a guess, but do you guys think it will be safe with the stock rods? I really don't want to have to get rid of these pistons.

You will be fine at that power level.

Back