is this normal?

HappyHourHero

ok, i was pumping gas today and noticed that my rear wheel looks like its tilted, the front is tilted inward and the rear outward. is this normal for an sc and maybe it looks like that from how the body is made? anyone else have this? here is a pic (if it works, i have never posted a pic before) it looks alittle bit more noticable in real life. thanks

Attachments

• tilted wheel.jpg
    tilted wheel.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 200
My rear wheels are the exact same way! I thought something was messed up with alignment, but when I brought the car in to have the alignment checked they said it was normal because of the suspension setup. I don't know if they knew what they were talking about, so who knows...perhaps it's normal, perhaps there's a problem. Hopefully someone else can elaborate further on it.

-Chris

oh man, could that picture come out any bigger, ha ha ha
hmm. that seems almost logical. i feel better now that i am not the only one :) thanks for the reply.

so weird!!!

God, you have no idea how many times i stood, and sat looking at my wheels from the back and the front wondering, "why the hell are they tilted? I think it's just an optical illusion.. that's can't be right" so glad to hear someone else has it to. It's gotta be normal, gotta be. :D
-Damon

You mean the toe in?? This causes more stability and keeps the car from oversteering. Toe out or even neutral would induce more oversteer which is something we don't need while in a turn with the torque we have.

Shockwave said:
You mean the toe in?? This causes more stability and keeps the car from oversteering. Toe out or even neutral would induce more oversteer which is something we don't need while in a turn with the torque we have.

The torque you have???

Another point. As you are going down the road the rubber bushings give a little and the wheels will straighten up some.

Jeff

Back