PDA

View Full Version : Ripper Shifter Thoughts

jjklongisland
01-23-2014, 06:02 PM
OK, so I recently did my clutch and purchased a used ripper shifter and thought I would put up a quick post for those that were on the fence on weather it was worth it to buy one or not like myself (run-on sentence :D) Well I can say that so far it has been the one mod that I can really appreciate. From the moment I first cycled the gears I knew I made the right move. The shifting is far superior over the stock configuration. It is much tighter. The throw from 2nd to 3rd is effortless and spring loaded. Totally worth every penny. Get them before they are gone... You wont be sorry.

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Agreed! a must have mod fora five speed! I did mine a few weeks after i got the car and i would never go back!

01-23-2014, 08:40 PM
The b&m is better than the wore out factory shifter, but i would still much rather have a Hurst. I have never rowed the gears with a new factory stick. I would like to try that once, so maybe I will rebuild my ford unit sometime and try it. Just for grins and giggles. I do know that the b&m let me blow the 2-3 shift on my one and only pass i ever was able to make in my 94 5-speed, something that the super shifter I had in my nova back when I was a kid never let me do with prolly a hundred 10 second passes:)

Jacob_Royer
01-23-2014, 09:01 PM
I really wish that Steeda made a TriAxe for our cars! the Steeda TriAxe is a million times better shifter than a hurst or b&M I have one in my Cobra (t45) and LOVE it! I've had a Pro 5.0, hurst (2) rippers (one was on a t45) and the Steeda is by far the best

jdsgallops
01-24-2014, 02:37 AM
The ripper is better than stock for sure but I agree with the wish for another company to build one. I prefer the Pro 5.0 myself. Have yet to try a steeda(not sure why as I have all their suspension parts). My Mustang currently uses the stock Tremec 3550 base with a pro 5.0 handle. Worlds better than the ripper on that tranny.

01-24-2014, 07:24 AM
These cars are so obscure that even when they were new hardly no aftermarket parts were made. so i guess to get a different shifter it will take a different trans. If i were to do that i would swap in a six speed, but that wont happen with my low number car.

superdadsc
01-24-2014, 08:16 AM
I have had them in all my 5 spds! Shifting is superior for sure over stock. If you don't have one get one. They are cheap and easy to install!:D

Awesome mod!