PDA

View Full Version : boost guage sticking????

Jacob_Royer
01-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Has anyone ever had there boost gauge stick? I first noticed it being sluggish to react then it get stuck when I went full boost! awhile later it dropped to 10hg and now it won't move! I checked the vacuum line and all is good! The only thing I have done different is add the snow kit. The nozzle is before the act sensor, is it possible that the snow kit could have gummed up the gauge somehow? Or is it just too damn cold for anything to work right? Lol

David Neibert
01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Has anyone ever had there boost gauge stick? I first noticed it being sluggish to react then it get stuck when I went full boost! awhile later it dropped to 10hg and now it won't move! I checked the vacuum line and all is good! The only thing I have done different is add the snow kit. The nozzle is before the act sensor, is it possible that the snow kit could have gummed up the gauge somehow? Or is it just too damn cold for anything to work right? Lol

I had to replace the boost gauge in my 91 SC a couple years ago, because of the same thing. I think mine got all gunked up from a combo of nitrous, fuel and methanol with wiper fluid.

David

KMT
01-29-2014, 08:47 PM
After you replace the gauge, try one of these:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/amd-w-573/overview/

Jacob_Royer
01-29-2014, 08:47 PM
I had to replace the boost gauge in my 91 SC a couple years ago, because of the same thing. I think mine got all gunked up from a combo of nitrous, fuel and methanol with wiper fluid.

David

I did run way to much through it thanks to having the controller set wrong initially

David Neibert
01-29-2014, 08:59 PM
It usually takes a long time for fluid to mess up the gauge, because the trapped air in the line between the plenum and the gauge prevents fluid from entering the line. Now, if the line attached to the gauge is leaking at that connection, fluid will get into the gauge a lot quicker.

David

Jacob_Royer
01-29-2014, 10:02 PM
It usually takes a long time for fluid to mess up the gauge, because the trapped air in the line between the plenum and the gauge prevents fluid from entering the line. Now, if the line attached to the gauge is leaking at that connection, fluid will get into the gauge a lot quicker.

David

This is quite possible with my shoddy old 1993 line

S_Mazza
01-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Take it out and give it a look. Not complicated. If the tube is gummed, might be clean-able.

I had one go bad without any visible flaw. There was a tiny leak at the solder joint. I heated it up and reflowed it slightly and it works now.

Jacob_Royer
01-30-2014, 07:46 AM
It started intermittently working this morning I hope it snaps out of it! If you goto boost it almost always works but its still flakey on the vacuum side of zero