PDA

View Full Version : Family.

RedFox
02-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I thought I would share this with you guys as I had a really good laugh this morning:

My brother-in-law has been a hard core GM fan forever and never misses an opportunity to razz me about my Fords. Although, it’s been pretty rough for him since the 2009 GM bankruptcy…

It turns out that his son (my nephew) has been a closet Blue Oval fan all along. Last week, he bought a brand new Ford Escape and has just named his first child (she was born at 11:53 last night) Shelby.

Now that’s quite a coming out!

I’m going to suggest Boss, Cobra or even Fairlane for a future son to keep the theme going.

Can’t wait for the next family reunion. LOL

Denis

jjklongisland
02-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Thats funny. Pops is going to be disappointed.

As an Anti-Ford guy, I thought I would never own one. In my 35 years on this earth I have owned many vehicles but up until last year I decided to buy a 2008 F150 Lariat Supercrew as a weekend truck. I was so embarrassed that I settled on a Ford (at the time the deal was too good to pass up) I debadged all Ford Logos... A few months after that I came across my Supercoupe. Now I am registered for Ford Carlisle towing my Ford Thunderbird SC with my Ford F-150. I never would have thought I would ever be caught dead at an all Ford show. Recently, I have come to realize that I am a lover of the automobile. Regardless of manufacturer, they all have there positives and negatives. I am thinking my close mindedness was brought on by my strong MOPAR love as a youngin and my love for the Dukes of Hazzard as a kid. I am now alot more open minded.

KMT
02-05-2014, 04:35 PM
My youngest son somehow ended up with the middle name Shelby :)

Miller
02-05-2014, 05:57 PM
I know a girl named Shelby.

Swanny
02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
That is funny. Personally I don't have the kind of brand loyalty automakers like. These are for-profit corporations that want into my wallet, why someone has a blind loyalty to any specific automaker is beyond me. Buy what you like and suit your needs regardless of what emblem or badge is on it :D Naming your kid after an automotive legend, that's OK, even he didn't stick with one brand his whole life ;)