TCCoA for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that the sites should merge. We are splitting the community because of the engine that powers the MN12. While we could do that in the past due to number of members, both sites are on a decline. Would help attract vendor interest in getting parts reproduced. Etc..

Times they are a change'n

FB may sound like a good idea to increase MN-12 communication, but it only helps to reduce the daily need for either site. Writing is on the wall, I think. Instead of working to keep either online as-is, perhaps the long term value would be to work to archive what's already been assembled and move chatter elsewhere.

One way to do that and reduce costs here, as an example, would be to eliminate classifieds, new products & group buys and rely on Twitter/FB & eBay to carry them instead, letting those services shoulder communication costs instead of SCCOA being on the hook for warehousing images, PMs, etc. That could at least act as a start towards becoming more lean here, perhaps and get users accustomed to other sources that aren't maintained as direct costs for the communities involved. It's called OPM :)

Last edited:
I also think joining the forums would be a good idea. A lot of users are on both sites already, and joining them would streamline a lot of the forums and probably cut costs, but I don't know if Dave and Pat are in a position right now to buy or maintain tccoa. One thing I will say, I am a paying member here and not on tccoa simply because this site is owned by fellow enthusiasts while tccoa is not. If tccoa was bought by an M 12 owner/enthusiast, I would be happy to pay to support it.

Please don't make me get a facebook account so I can get support from you guys. If TCCOA is going to die either buy it or let it die. Either way once it's down the users will likely come to this site. There's no reason you can't include the 4.6 liter crowd somewhere in these forums. If it does die someone should archive the forum posts for technical purposes and have them available somewhere here...

Not surprized

Yep the writhing has been on the wall over there for awhile. Some people and there attitudes at that place .

By the way I am going to buy a membership here to help support ;) No FB here as well .

Last edited:
Ah come on, everyone knows the TCCoA has been on the decline since some of the core members decided to go retail over 10 years ago. There has never been any of that nonsense you will see over there here. Nevertheless, the SCCoA has let in non-stock SC/ XR7 members for years. Maybe we should merge but lets not let them them drag down our standards. We need to maintain our excellence!
:)

The issue with the Facebook extensions of these clubs is the lack of a useful search function and organization. It's basically the new version of the old "chat" feature that we had here.

BTW, nowhere was it implied that TCCOA was dying off, it's just available for purchase. Change, especially at this point, can be a good thing.

Interesting to hear. I can't remember the last time I logged into TCCoA, but I think that the two clubs have very different and distinct groups in each of their following. Whereas the one thing we happen to have in common is the auto body. The innovation and problem solving that's spawned here on SCCoA is very different than that on TCCoA, and ends with different solutions. I can only think of a handful of instances where there's URL cross linking to TCCoA information has been directly used from that site in SCCoA threads.

We have a solid group here. There are countless SCCoA member threads I continue to reference with all the information I need for my car. These cars are old now. And the numbers will only get smaller. That's inevitable. What we have here works, and it's time tested.

Jacob_Royer;1059775some really bad attitudes over there! /QUOTE said:
I agree Jacob, the mods over there think that they walk on water and you either agree with them or you gone. I've been a member with SCCOA since I bought my 1st Supercoupe in 2004 and I've trolled TCCOA as a registered user for the same. The 2 sites are night and day with the SCCOA being a much more tight knit group of enthusiasts plus no drama here. Please do not merge the 2 sites as it would ruin SCCOA............just my 2 cents.

While I haven't talked to David about this at all, in my opinion, there's no way I'd recommend joining the sites. I'd also not do a Facebook only for SCCoA. We're actually pretty lean, and while our web hosting is our biggest expense, as long as everyone continues to be a member, we're in good shape.

We still have some more plans we want to move forward with on the site here that we hope will attract more people to become members. Clearing the forum and server hurdle was the first step.

Jacob_Royer;1059775some really bad attitudes over there! /QUOTE said:
I agree Jacob, the mods over there think that they walk on water and you either agree with them or you gone. I've been a member with SCCOA since I bought my 1st Supercoupe in 2004 and I've trolled TCCOA as a registered user for the same. The 2 sites are night and day with the SCCOA being a much more tight knit group of enthusiasts plus no drama here. Please do not merge the 2 sites as it would ruin SCCOA............just my 2 cents.

Hit the nail on the head there Nickle.

I agree with Pat. Just because the current owner of TCCoA has decided he wants to sell it, that doesn't really change anything with this club. As always, we welcome any of the people from TCCoA to become members of SCCoA. If their were sufficient numbers joining, we may consider adding some forums that are more MN12 oriented instead of strictly SC oriented, but we have no interesting in buying TCCoA and operating them independently or merging the two clubs.

Contrary to some of the assertions made in this thread, SCCoA is doing just fine and is not in any danger of extinction. While we welcome people who don't own an SC or XR7 to join us, our primary focus will remain as follows.

Dedicated to the preservation and performance of the 89 to 95 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe and 89 & 90 Mercury Cougar XR7

Thanks, David

PS: Please refrain from making negative TCCoA comments, this isn't an US against THEM thing.

TCCoA has been bleeding to death ever since it was sold to AAN. The owner doesn't own a MN12 let alone a Ford product. He was after money with the pop up ads and such and let the site sit at idle while he watched his bank account. He could care less. Every where you go, any forum, job that you work, in life, etc there will always be the know-it-all folks that come off the wrong way (walk on water) on people. The best thing for TCCoA right now is to let the members buy it back and bring it back to its old self.

I'd rather the sites not merge. I quit going to TCCoA years ago because the signal to noise ratio got too bad. It seemed as if every 17 year old who got an NA V6 started a thread about how he and his buddy were installing a twin-turbo V10 and that it would bolt right in, and most of them ever refused to accept that they were wrong.

And no Facebook either, please.

And just to re-iterate - if we were even thinking Facebook only, I wouldn't have just spent all that time moving the SCCoA to a new server and new forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back