Small question while I'm idle

Zcdef

What is the easiest way to remove the thunderbird sc badge between the hood and the front bumper on the 95 sc?

What thunderbird sc badge? Maybe the t bird emblem in the front bumper? There are plastic nuts on the backside. Nuts are not actually plastic they just made to screw on plastic.

Thanks for the reply and I meant the Thunderbird emblem not sc, sorry. Do you have to take the bumper of to get it off?

Pull the bumper cover dustin. there are two stamped steel nuts that hold it on. be careful they are hard to replace if you have a nice one.

I think you can get to them from the top between the hood latch and the header panel. Should be 10mm.

I replaced the plastic stock bird with a stainless steel one made by a member on TCCoA.

Attachments

• stainless steel t-bird emblem 005.JPG
    stainless steel t-bird emblem 005.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 58
I am looking at mine right now. it would be tough to get to without removing the bumper cover, to say the least. Then you have get to it again to replace it. the bumper cover is not that difficult to remove or reinstall.

Thanks again. I replaced all pads and rotors yesterday on the bird and ran into some problems with a rear caliper and had to take a deep breath or two to keep from destroying it. Figured I'd see if i could paint the bird emblem while idle. I'll do it eventually :rolleyes:

when i painted mine i just shot it with gloss enamal then wiped carefully with a towel soaked in thinner, i tried to source a new one but that didnt happen.

Back