short block assembly time

kw90supercoupe

I know it varies but say everything was cleaned had all new bearings pistions rings gaskets etc. How long does it take u guys to assemble it. No heads just pistions rods cam crank timing chain.

Ok so a newbie that is macanicly inclined just hasent done a sc take a day or so. Just wondering because i know a good engine builder and wanted to do it with him so i know the ins and outs and learn a few things. Was gonna pay hime to rebuild it with him.

Haha so when ur not building a sc are u a funny guy. Haha jusk kidding. And no he didnt give me a price yet im going to talk with him this week. He got paralyzed from the waste down during a race so he just builds engines now. He likes beer so i figuared i give him some cash and beer and help me. Why do u have aldata or know how long it should take. Any feedback would be helpfull.

Took me 2 days. Mostly because I had to pull the oil pan 3 times because of forgetting to do or check things (scraping off RTV takes a while). Take your time. I verified all dimensions, even though I knew the machine shop checked them all as well. I used a stretch gauge with the ARP Rod bolts not relying on torque values.

Back