Oil Leakage!

BTbird

One day my good friend jason and I were visting a good friend of ours, Brad. Jason noticed before we left in my car that it was low on oil, so we put about a quart in and off we went. we parked at brads house and noticed oil POURING out of the bottom...I left it parked for a day and then came back to it trying to see where it was leaking at. and I noticed that it was the oil filter that shook itself loose somehow. SO I tightened it and went on my merry way. But now its STILL LEAKING!!! I dont know what else could leak that bad...its not as bad as it was...but there is decent oil loss...Please help me!

I would try cleaning up as much oil as possible and then run the engine while looking under and above the engine. One of the lines for the oil filter/oil cooler could be loose or cracked, or the filter just isn't seated right somehow. All I can recommend is to check every area possible on the engine. Oil can leak from the wierdest places sometimes. It took me forever to figure out that my major oil leak on the 302 in my Marquis was coming from the distributor base (and still is). I thought my front main seal went out since all the oil dripped down and got splattered all over the place by the balancer and pulleys.

Good luck.

-Chris

I ran into some trouble like this. both motor mounts broke and my engine cracked the oil pan! 1300 bucks to fix almost 400 for the oil pan.hope this is not your problem.
good luck dude

Motor Mounts

I would suspect the motor mounts to be the cause of the loose filter. I would put new solid mounts in, or you will be doing an oil pan, as well as potentially, the high pressure power steering hose.

Back