exhaust manifold fitment

steveos89xr7

quick question about some manifolds I found for sale. They are off a 3.8 97 mustang. Now my question is will they bolt right up to my 89 cougar without any modifications mainly want to know if they will fit the driver side without having to touch the steering column/arm whatever you call it? Now are these the same as the tbirds 95 and up manifolds?

If they are tubular not with out mods to the driver side and i have never seen a set that was not tubular. get a set of late model sc manifolds and port and polish them. they flow really well.

ok thanks. does anyone know where I could snag a set of the late model manifolds? do the late model non supercharged have the same manifolds as the sc's? just wondering cause I could check into some salvage places?

Do you guys know if 3.8 Mustang shorty headers--all of them/ all years--will fit and bolt up at the engine? I'm going to get a custom exhaust done, so obviously there will be some adjustments that will need to be done at the collectors, and I like the idea of keeping under hood temps down with ceramic coated ones, as well.

Back