help with mustang headers

Csirny

I purchased a pair of mustang headers from spining wheels. they are suppose to be a direct fitment but it doesnt look like the one on the drivers side is going to line up with the rest of the exhuast.
does anyone know about installing these. its a 1990 if that makes any difference

Unless the driver side has been modified it wont fit. I would contact the vendor.

I'm curious about the Mustang headers, as well, as to how well they fit. In my experience, "direct bolt on" usually is a bit of a misnomer, because on my Mustang, for example, i'd bought BBK shorty ceramics and the dipstick still had to be re-routed a bit.

When you say that you don't think that it will line up with the rest of the exhaust, do you mean the exhaust ports on the engine and the bolts, or just the exhaust pipes?

On a similar note, for the guys that have installed the mid length headers, did you throw any check engine lights or have any issues with O2 sensors, other than needing the additional length for the wires?

Last edited:
the header fits fine to everything else except the up tube on the drivers side it comes up off the cat at almost a 90* and the header comes down at more of a 45* the pipe and cat seem to be all one piece i guess my question is more along the line of is there a mustang cat/up pipe i can buy that will bolt up or will i have to custom bend something

you have to move the steering shaft out of the way, bolt them up and then bolt back up the steering shaft....

And no they won't line up with your current pipes!

Last edited:
Back