late model upgrades

myfirstblower

I have a 91 and I am putting a late model blower and a power pulley on it. my question is do I need to upsize injectors and maf sensor? if so will 36lb injectors and the matching maf from a late model car bolt onto my 91 without modifying the computer at all? my goal here is not to spend a million bux but to have a good working system that's not going all out. so here is a recap: 91 SC getting a late model blower with a power pulley...whats the minimum I have to do as far as fuel and air?????? thanks in advance for any good insight

Yes you will need larger injectors, and no you can't simply install the late model MAF. The only way around a computer tune is an aftermarket calibrated MAF, but that really isn't the right way to do it as that throws off other parameters.

from the research I have done it seems like you can get away with using the moates j3 with a tune. I believe one of the admins xr7dave or someone else can make a tune for you. not sure of cost. i am still trying to figure out the tuning options myself. as far as just putting the supercharger on and rolling with it you might be ok as the car runs rich anyhow, I would just avoid stomping on it until you have your tune sorted out. it just makes sense to put the hardware on all at once, the 36# injectors and the sc since you will be working in that regions anyways.

You can install the supercharger with the stock 30lb injectors, I wouldn't run any overdrive if your going that route. If you install 36lb injectors you will need a C&L MAF with the matching calibration tube for those injectors. To maximize these combinations you will want to get a custom tune, contact XR7Dave.

Back