Crank Sensor Removal Time 1990 sc

XxSlowpokexX

Ok..So besides realizing is WAY DAM TO COLD OUT to do this...I have a relatively simple question. The plastic shield over the balancer. How does one take that off? Thanks!

Damon

~~~~

There is a small nut on a stud at the top/back of the upper half. Separate the two halves, remove the lower section, then get the nut.
CrankCoverBolt.jpg

The upper and lower halves use a snap interlock at the seam at the arrow...if they fight you with the nut in place, remove it first so you can maybe juggle them better/rotate to access the seam on both sides. Small tools and small hands are an asset :) I seem to remember it being a pain to get the plastic tab off the stud once the nut is out of the way...

Just pry them apart to remove - you'll see how they better fit when you have them out of the car - sorry, I don't have a photo out of the car. As I recall, you fit them in one at a time, then snap them together and replace the nut at the top.

Last edited:
If you haven't already figured it out, access to the mounting screws is limited. What worked for me is a deep well 1/4" drive 7/32" socket, with a long 1/4" extension, and a 1/4" hand ratchet.

I jacked up the car and started and was like..WAY TOO COLLDD...and I wasnt sure how teh plastic cam eapart and didnt want to break it. Thanks it all makes sense now. I bouht a new balancer so maybe I do both atthe same time and get it out of the way

Thanks!

Back