disassembling ic tube

Csirny

Im looking to powder coat my ic tubes id like to take the nuts of the end to make things easier. It looks like the flange is threaded into the tube as far as i can tell. I tried to turn that part out it didnt want to move and i didnt want to try to hard in case its a LH thread or its pressed in. does anyone know how to disassemble these tubes

Im looking to powder coat my ic tubes id like to take the nuts of the end to make things easier. It looks like the flange is threaded into the tube as far as i can tell. I tried to turn that part out it didnt want to move and i didnt want to try to hard in case its a LH thread or its pressed in. does anyone know how to disassemble these tubes

I just took mine apart a couple of weeks ago and had them powdercoated.
BP34.JPG

As you can see the end of the tube is threaded, the flange itself is not bolted to anything instead it tightens up against the end caps that thread onto the tubes. They are not LH thread, they are just extremely tight and stuck on there. It was almost impossible to loosen the end caps, I had to heat mine up using a propane torch and a spanner wrench and i was able to break them loose.

Attachments

• BP31.JPG
    BP31.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 99
Thanks alot for the pics and info that helps alot i didnt know how these things went to gether so i was worried to crank on them to hard. The powder coat job looks great by the way.

Back