got a 03 mustang gt pi motor for my bird, anything i need to know to install?

Jays95Bird

Hello Everyone,

I am buying a 03 gt pi motor from a mustang and need to know if it is just a bolt on, or is there something special i need to do. It has msd coil packs on it and am hoping to get it installed this week. Please help me out with this. I am also putting headers, 3600 stall torque converter, and need to know what chip will work that will also eliminate my speed limiter. So what headers, torque converter, and chip should i get?

Thanks,

Jay

yes and want the pi motor anyways and got one with 60,000 miles but would still like to repair whats wrong with this motor cause it only has 117000 on it. Am i going to be able to just bolt it on and it will work or...

no it is not a simple bolt in. bellhousings, wiring harness, computer, motor mounts,...etc are all different between the 4.6l and 3.8l

If you are starting with a 95 4.6 bird, then the motor will boot right in, but you will need to modify the wiring a bit due to the different style intake manifold, and you will also need some parts off a 96/97 4.6 bird, specifically the EGR tube, fuel rails, fuel lines from the filter forward, vacuum harness, intake tube, throttle cable, and I'm probably missing a few others. If you are going to do this swap, my suggestion would be to find a wrecked or blown up 96/97 4.6 bird that you can buy for $500 to rob parts from so that you won't be constantly running to the junkyard for little things.

Back