PDA

View Full Version : 93 SC (347 turbo) Engine damage and repair pics

David Neibert
03-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Finally got motivated to pull the motor on my 93 SC today. Big thanks to Chris Wise for coming over to help. Expected to find a bent valve and some damage to the piston on the #4 cylinder where a valve spring dampner broke. It ended up being a lot worse.

The head of the intake valve actually broke off and pretty much destroyed the combustion chamber, the piston and also damaged the cylinder wall slightly. Finally found the head of the #4 intake valve stuck inside the intake manifold in the #5 runner (opposite corner of motor). Turbine wheel also got damaged from smaller pieces of junk coming out of the cylinder. So instead of just fixing the heads and installing a new piston, it's going to need a full rebuild, with a new set of pistons and possibly a new set of heads.

Here are some pictures of the carnage.

David Neibert
03-08-2014, 12:18 AM
More pictures..............

David Neibert
03-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Last one for today....

Kurt K
03-08-2014, 12:31 AM
Wow, that valve stuck in the intake manifold is impressive.

KMT
03-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Ouch...well, at least you're over the hump and know the details now.

So instead of just fixing the heads and installing a new piston, it's going to need a full rebuild, with a new set of pistons and possibly a new set of heads.

...and a turbo :(

I had a valve break in a 289 one time and it did a 180, stabbed into the top of the piston and reverse fit into the valve seat in the head on the upstroke. Kind of turned a 4 cycle into a 2 1/2...

davec73
03-08-2014, 01:08 AM
Wow that sucks David sorry to hear that news.

Toms-SC
03-08-2014, 01:57 AM
When did this happen? HOW does something like that happen? Wow.

XxSlowpokexX
03-08-2014, 03:32 AM
ouch..Suck something in??

no164ford
03-08-2014, 03:47 AM
WOW! That sucks, what do you think caused it?

nickleman60
03-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Damn, that sucks............Did that happen at the Shootout?

rzimmerl
03-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Yikes that some pretty impressive damage.

1FSTBRD
03-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Sorry to hear....and see. That's gotta be a tough one to take. I almost feel more pain for vehicles than people. :(

MadMikeyL
03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Ouch! That is a major setback. Is that a dart block? If so, I think it can be bored out to 4.125", which would give you 363ci.

David Neibert
03-08-2014, 10:31 AM
When did this happen? HOW does something like that happen? Wow.

Tom,

It happened in early November just before the local track closed for the winter. Since the car had some issues at the Shootout and only made one clean pass I wanted to take another crack at getting a 9 second time slip while the car was still full of race fuel and had the slicks and skinnys mounted.

This pass went pretty good except for spinning the tires hard coming off the starting line and resulted in a 10.067 @ 139.65

http://youtu.be/qGVSNJH5a3I

Decided to give it another try with tire pressure reduced a little and boost slightly higher. Everything was okay until about the 1/8 mile point when is suddenly lost a lot of power and felt like it was missing. Thought it was just a burnt a plug wire or something simple, but as you can see it turned out to be a lot worse. This is the video when it broke.

http://youtu.be/HRZgiW2lTHg

From what I can tell it all this damage was caused by a valve spring dampner breaking on the #4 cylinder intake valve. The springs were iffy at the rpms I was turning and probably should have been upgraded to beehive style a couple years ago.

David

David Neibert
03-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Ouch! That is a major setback. Is that a dart block? If so, I think it can be bored out to 4.125", which would give you 363ci.

Yes, it's an iron eagle Dart block and can be bored another .125" for 363 cubic inches, but I'll probably just go another .020" or whatever it takes to clean up the damaged bore to keep the displacement as close to 347 as possible. The PT76-GTS turbo I'm currently using would need to be replaced by something with a bigger turbine to avoid increasing the exhaust back pressure if I went all the way to 363. Not really interested in doing that right now. The turbo can be repaired pretty easily and is the least of my concerns.

I need to take a little time and explore my options on machine work for the block and determine if the AFR 205 heads are even worth repairing.

David

neverfastenough
03-08-2014, 11:34 AM
From the pic, that head doesnt look too bad to repair.

Yes, it's an iron eagle Dart block and can be bored another .125" for 363 cubic inches, but I'll probably just go another .020" or whatever it takes to clean up the damaged bore to keep the displacement as close to 347 as possible. The PT76-GTS turbo I'm currently using would need to be replaced by something with a bigger turbine to avoid increasing the exhaust back pressure if I went all the way to 363. Not really interested in doing that right now. The turbo can be repaired pretty easily and is the least of my concerns.

I need to take a little time and explore my options on machine work for the block and determine if the AFR 205 heads are even worth repairing.

David

David Neibert
03-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Sorry to hear....and see. That's gotta be a tough one to take. I almost feel more pain for vehicles than people. :(

It's nothing new...if you are going to try to make a mid 15 second SC run 9s, your gonna break a lot of stuff along the way. BTW, this is my 10th year of messing with this particular car. Here's a post from when the motor was first built. Since this picture was taken I've broken lots of stuff and changed/upgraded lots of things and I'm sure there will be more issues in the future.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?47894-347-turbo-motor-progress-pics

David

David Neibert
03-08-2014, 12:10 PM
From the pic, that head doesnt look too bad to repair.

The surface damage doesn't concern me as much as the area where the valve guide is pressed into the head. Because of the bent valve stem being driven into it, the guide is now egg shaped and split open on the thin side. Not saying it can't be repaired, but i question if the cost to fix them and do a full valve job with upgraded springs is worth it when I can buy a brand new set ready to bolt on for $2000.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59993&stc=1&d=1394252127

David

XR7 Dave
03-08-2014, 12:34 PM
David,

My biggest concern is that valves don't often just pop their heads off. There was a cause for that which can likely be traced back to component selection and actual use. AFR is notorious for using crappy parts on their heads and a broken valve head is often the end result of undetected previous valve float conditions which may have resulted in a just slightly bent valve. A new set of heads from AFR isn't necessarily going to be better. As a matter of routine we would replace the valve springs even on a new set of AFR's. The valves themselves might be of question as well. I would recommend a set of proper Manley race valves.

The valve guide situation does not concern me and the head is easily repairable. If you don't want to run those heads as a matter of warm fuzzies I can understand that, in which case I would replace them with a set of bare AFR heads and put all my own parts in them.

David

pro street rich
03-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I had dropped a few valve heads in my day and it always came down to bad valves or poor design parts. This is one time I would go with the master on this one... David, sorry for your loss, it sucks when you drop valves or even when just the heads come off. I know you will have this thing running in no time Take care and get it going again....Rich

1FSTBRD
03-08-2014, 07:52 PM
That's crazy that the valve head broke off and ended up where it did. As tragic as these things are, when they end up happening, they almost look like a weird piece of industrial art......with the debris of the metal and velocity, no two mangled engines quite end up exactly the same.

Miller
03-09-2014, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWaXbCsh0po

OUR VALVES HEADS ARE FALLING OFF

superdadsc
03-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Dave best of luck with your rebuild!! You certainly have taken that car to great things and it sounds like it will only get better. hope to see it run one day!

David Neibert
03-15-2014, 04:17 PM
All bolted back together, mummified and ready for the road trip to Ohio.

David

kenewagner
03-15-2014, 05:11 PM
All bolted back together, mummified and ready for the road trip to Ohio.

David

So what did you have done? New heads, rebuild the damaged one. What the scoop:D

Ken

neverfastenough
03-15-2014, 05:27 PM
So what did you have done? New heads, rebuild the damaged one. What the scoop:D

Ken

Ken I think it's still broke, he just threw it back together so Dave would have all the parts I'm guessing.

David Neibert
03-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Corey is correct. Planning on a new set of AFR 205 heads and some valve train upgrades. Will also be getting a full rebuild that includes new pistons. Won't know much more until Dave tears the motor down and checks all the components.

David

kenewagner
03-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Corey is correct. Planning on a new set of AFR 205 heads and some valve train upgrades. Will also be getting a full rebuild that includes new pistons. Won't know much more until Dave tears the motor down and checks all the components.

David

Good deal. Is the cam up to your expectations?

Ken

David Neibert
03-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Good deal. Is the cam up to your expectations?

Ken

Yes I'm planning to keep the cam I've got now but will be doing some things to allow running higher rpm.

David

David Neibert
11-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Picked up the motor from Dave's shop this past weekend. Ended up with new pistons, rings, bearings, heads, rockers, pushrods, cam and several other things. Lots of upgrades in the valve train and it should now be able to rev to 7000 rpm. Started putting my portion of the motor back together last night.

For pictures and comments from Dave on pretty much every part of the build see this link.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.294477707379030.1073741880.207270676099734&type=3

David

David Neibert
06-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Finally going back together. Chris Wise came over yesterday to help me start putting it back together. We set the motor in place, bolted it to transmission and torque converter, the starter was installed and wired. New remote filter adapter installed and high pressure hoses attached, drivers side header was wrapped and installed and passenger side header was installed. Another day or two of work and it will be ready to start up.

Thanks again for all the help Chris Wise.

David

1FSTBRD
06-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Lookin' good, man!

no164ford
06-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Looks great, well on is way!!

SCrazy
06-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Chris....I need to finish painting my doors and hood....any chance you can stop by?

neverfastenough
06-23-2015, 07:38 PM
I need to relocate my driveshaft loop too, Chris. Let me know when you're stopping by, I'll stock the fridge.

SuperCoupeDave
06-24-2015, 10:29 AM
David,

AFR is notorious for using crappy parts on their heads

David

This surprises me, because I always thought AFR was the best heads money could buy. I almost bought a set for my Camaro, but I got a better deal on a set of Brodix.

David Neibert
06-24-2015, 01:58 PM
This surprises me, because I always thought AFR was the best heads money could buy. I almost bought a set for my Camaro, but I got a better deal on a set of Brodix.

The heads are great, it's the valves and springs they use on fully assembled heads that are iffy. Springs, valves, cups, retainers, keepers and rockers should all be matched to the cam and the engine's intended use. Any real engine builder will buy the heads bare and add their own valves and hardware. I'm using some new Comp Cam conical springs with these 205 Renegade heads that will allow me to rev to 7000 rpm at 24 pounds of boost without the valves floating. Valves and other hardware are also upgrades.
See this album on FB for pics and comments from Dave on the motor repairs and upgrades.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.294477707379030.1073741880.207270676099734&type=3

David

David Neibert
07-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Got a little more work done Friday and Tuesday. Big THANKS to Chris Wise for coming over to help with installing the turbo, waste gate and hot side pipes Friday. Broke the return fitting off the Power Steering pump reserviour and had to order another pump that didn't arrive until yesterday. Just waiting for some new heater hose from Summitt and I'll have everything needed to get it running again.

David

SuperCoupeDave
07-08-2015, 01:56 PM
That is an insane setup! I would love to do something like this.

David Neibert
07-10-2015, 01:04 PM
That is an insane setup! I would love to do something like this.

Yes..."insane" is a pretty good description and the guy who does the tuning and fabricated several of the turbo system and exhaust upgrades uses that word a lot when talking about this car. "Scary" is the other popular word.

David

Kurt Sunday
07-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Beer break!

figulaz
07-10-2015, 05:20 PM
looks awesome! I assume this is track only. Do you still have IRS? What do expect/hope to run with the improvements?

David Neibert
07-11-2015, 10:28 AM
looks awesome! I assume this is track only. Do you still have IRS? What do expect/hope to run with the improvements?

No...it's mainly a street car that only goes to the track about once a year, just to see what it will do. Doesn't have a cage or most of the other safety stuff required by NHRA for a car that goes 9.99 or faster than 135 mph, so it doesn't get much track time.

Yes it still has IRS, but I'm using a lot of upgraded parts like Auburn Pro diff, DSS Level 2 halfshafts, LPW diff cover, and an upgraded rear diff mount. It should be able to run 9.8s or even 9.7s if I can maintain traction. Click on the My Garage link in my signature for a complete mod list and more pictures.

David

1FSTBRD
07-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Yes..."insane" is a pretty good description and the guy who does the tuning and fabricated several of the turbo system and exhaust upgrades uses that word a lot when talking about this car. "Scary" is the other popular word.

David

Actually, most people, in the pursuit of speed are insane. :D Because after a certain point, the laws of physics, gravity, tolerances and durability and the things required to keep everything going smoothly during those times becomes a diminishing return on money spent, the faster that you want to go and keep the car planted to the road or have something not break.

David Neibert
11-09-2015, 12:36 PM
Got motivated and decided to finish putting the car back together and get it running Saturday. Chris Wise came over to help and after about 4 hours we had it back together and running. No runs, drips or errors that we can find but needs some work on the tune and the distributor may be out of sync with the MSD crank sensor, because it pops snaps and backfires if I try to give it any throttle input over 1500 rpm. The guy who does the Fast XFI tuning is supposed to come over sometime this week to sort out the sync issue and re-do the street tune, so I can start breaking in the new motor.

Here is a video I took right after the initial start up while idling. The smoke is from header wrap burning in and some oil burning off the turbo system hot side pipes.

q3Adk4l3z6k

David

PS: Thanks Chris I really appreciate your help !!

David Neibert
11-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Couple pictures of how it looks after being put back together. Just need to put the wiper motor cover, wiper arms and turbo blanket on and it will be ready for road tuning (see previous page for start-up video).

David

1FSTBRD
11-09-2015, 08:11 PM
That is awesome, man. Plus, it sounds deadly. I can only imagine the amount of time and money that went into this. What are you hoping that it will run at the track?

no164ford
11-10-2015, 12:33 AM
That looks dam sweet good job! I want a ride.

FrankenBird
11-10-2015, 08:59 AM
wow, i wanna see that baby in action.

SCrazy
11-10-2015, 10:44 AM
That is awesome, man. Plus, it sounds deadly. I can only imagine the amount of time and money that went into this. What are you hoping that it will run at the track?

Check out his signature....that thing is quick!!

nickleman60
11-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Check out his signature....that thing is quick!!

I think David will finally get his 9 second time slip that's been eluding him for years...................:p

David Neibert
11-10-2015, 01:17 PM

I'd like to see it run 9.8s, but I'd be happy with anything in the 9s. This new motor should be a lot stronger in the upper rpms because of the new cam and all the improvements made to the valve train for high rpm stability. Not sure if the extra power will translate into lower ETs or just more tire spinning. Without having all the NHRA safety equipment needed for 9.9s or 135 mph, it doesn't get on the track very often, so it's difficult to figure out why I can't keep the rear end planted.

It doesn't really matter what it runs, because this was never intended to be a race car, I just wanted a fast street car.

David

David Neibert
11-10-2015, 01:24 PM
wow, i wanna see that baby in action.

I imagine it will look like this, but a little faster.

VfB2q41BlIA

David

SCrazy
11-10-2015, 01:36 PM
I'd like to see it run 9.8s, but I'd be happy with anything in the 9s. This new motor should be a lot stronger in the upper rpms because of the new cam and all the improvements made to the valve train for high rpm stability. Not sure if the extra power will translate into lower ETs or just more tire spinning. Without having all the NHRA safety equipment needed for 9.9s or 135 mph, it doesn't get on the track very often, so it's difficult to figure out why I can't keep the rear end planted.

It doesn't really matter what it runs, because this was never intended to be a race car, I just wanted a fast street car.

David

So you thinking 9.8 at like 150mph:D

David Neibert
11-10-2015, 01:55 PM
So you thinking 9.8 at like 150mph:D

I don't really know. With the converter slip, tire size and rear gearing I think it will be on a 7000 rpm rev limiter at around 147 mph in 3rd gear. The fastest I've been on the old motor in the 1/4 mile was 141 mph, but I don't recall what the rpm was. The amount of converter slip also increases with heat and load, so I won't really know until going to the track.

David

David Neibert
11-16-2015, 04:39 PM
Spent yesterday trying to track down a small oil leak that is dripping on the crossover pipe. Still have a frigging leak but have finally concluded it's not motor oil as I first thought. Looks like power steering fluid that is most likely coming from the return line connection on the reservoir. Hopefully adding a regular hose clamp in place of the factory spring loaded one will fix it, because I can't risk a fire from driving it with a leak.

Spent the rest of the time resetting everything from race trim back to street settings and installed the wipers and hood struts. Pumped out old methanol (aka Heet) and wiper fluid mix and replaced it with some fresh stuff made from methanol and distilled water, and plugged the pump controller back in. Waiting until street tuning is complete before installing new turbo blanket. So I've pretty much gone as far as I can until tuner comes over. Oh yeah my MSD coil took a dump again and I had to install my old school backup MSD coil that looks like crap. This is the 2nd MSD EFI blaster coil I've had to replace and neither had more than 500 miles of use before failing.

David

David Neibert
12-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Replaced the coil and installed the new turbo blanket. Just waiting on the tuner now.

David

TBirdJKC
12-01-2015, 03:24 PM
That is a lot of stuff packed into that engine bay! It looks amazing and super clean! How tight is the exhaust on the passenger side?

David Neibert
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
That is a lot of stuff packed into that engine bay! It looks amazing and super clean! How tight is the exhaust on the passenger side?

It's a pretty tight fit getting the 3.5" downpipe past the starter but other than that the passenger side has a lot more room than the driver's side and doesn't require any heat shielding except on the oil drain hose from turbo. Driver's side is a lot tighter and requires lots of heat shielding on hoses, wires and header wrap.

David

no164ford
12-01-2015, 08:22 PM
MSD I have had no luck with there stuff either.

One build I been thinking about is BBF turbo but boy there would not be much room to work with. It takes alot of time to make that much stuff look that nice in that small of a space nice work.

racecougar
12-01-2015, 10:44 PM
The old coil might not look as snazzy, but if it's reliable...

I'm still running an old 8227 on my F150. I bought that coil in 1999.

David Neibert
12-07-2015, 02:34 PM
MSD I have had no luck with there stuff either.

One build I been thinking about is BBF turbo but boy there would not be much room to work with. It takes alot of time to make that much stuff look that nice in that small of a space nice work.

So far no problems with the MSD distributor or Digital 6 plus ignition box, but this new style coil that is made in China has failed twice.

Doing something like a 351 based 392 small block wouldn't be bad and only slightly tighter fitting than the 302 based motor I'm using but would probably require an aftermarket hood for the additional deck height. Using a 460 based motor with a turbo would be a pretty tight fit, but if it was a track only build you could dump exhaust through the fender or the hood.

David

David Neibert
12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
The old coil might not look as snazzy, but if it's reliable...

I'm still running an old 8227 on my F150. I bought that coil in 1999.

True...I don't go anywhere without the junky looking spare coil and a nut driver to change it. New design looks a lot cleaner, but I noticed it's now made in China and I'm guessing that probably has something to do with the poor quality.

David

1FSTBRD
12-08-2015, 12:46 AM
but this new style coil that is made in China has failed twice.

One of my favorite sayings is "they don't make cheap Chinese crap the way that they used to make cheap Chinese crap. :D

KMT
12-08-2015, 12:48 AM
One of my favorite sayings is "they don't make cheap Chinese crap the way that they used to make cheap Chinese crap. :D

Right...these days, it's made in India, then packaged and shipped from China.

kpoindex08
12-08-2015, 09:14 PM
The new style coil looks a lot nicer. I wonder if the plastic coating that makes it look nice is causing it to overheat?

David Neibert
01-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Got motivated and decided to finish putting the car back together and get it running Saturday. Chris Wise came over to help and after about 4 hours we had it back together and running. No runs, drips or errors that we can find but needs some work on the tune and the distributor may be out of sync with the MSD crank sensor, because it pops snaps and backfires if I try to give it any throttle input over 1500 rpm. The guy who does the Fast XFI tuning is supposed to come over sometime this week to sort out the sync issue and re-do the street tune, so I can start breaking in the new motor.

Here is a video I took right after the initial start up while idling. The smoke is from header wrap burning in and some oil burning off the turbo system hot side pipes.

q3Adk4l3z6k

David

PS: Thanks Chris I really appreciate your help !!

Did some work on the 93 SC last night after getting some info from Dan Saitz. At initial start up on video above we couldn't it to rev over 1500 rpms without snapping and popping (aka breaking up). Problem was with the way I had the distributor set. With the Fast XFI and a disabled mechanical advance, the distributor is supposed to be installed with crank at 25 degrees BTDC with rotor pointing to #1 clyinder on compression stroke. I had it set at TDC zero and spark couldn't jump that far when computer would advance the timing. Now it starts easier, revs cleanly and just needs an exhaust leak at one of the v-bands fixed. Here is a video.

hjySFMdaEBM

David

PS: This car has been sold to Miguel Lopez and he will probably be taking delivery of it within the next month.

XR7 Dave
01-29-2016, 03:12 PM
Sounds nasty David.

no164ford
01-29-2016, 07:40 PM
You sold the 93?

It sounds sweet!

1FSTBRD
01-29-2016, 11:45 PM
That thing sounds deadly.

I'm curious, though.....why'd you sell it after putting in all that work?

David Neibert
01-31-2016, 12:05 PM
That thing sounds deadly.

I'm curious, though.....why'd you sell it after putting in all that work?

Thanks....just thought it was time to get something else. I love this car, but maintaining and constantly improving two heavily modded SCs is really more than I felt like I wanted to continue doing. The timing of the sale was not what I anticipated, and I had originally planned to keep the car until reaching my 9 second goal. However an opportunity recently came along to sell it to a young and very capable club member, who I'm certain will get the car well into the 9s and enjoy it for many years.

I'm keeping my 91 SC and 14 Shelby GT500 so I still have plenty of Go Fast in the garage to keep me happy. I was thinking about getting a Hellcat Challenger to replace this car, but now I'm thinking an older Mopar might be a better choice.

David

MadMikeyL
01-31-2016, 12:20 PM
Sorry to see you selling this car, but I completely understand that having 2 heavily modded SCs requires a lot of effort. If I were you though, after all the work you put into this thing, I would include in the sale a provision that the new owner has to let you run it down the track a few more times, just so you can get your 9sec pass! Plus, you don't want your last memory of driving the car to be the time you broke it!

David Neibert
02-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Finally fixed a pesky PS fluid leak last night that kept dripping fluid from return hose connection on back of pump housing onto one of the exhaust pipes, causing a mess and lots of smoke. Now I just need to replace the DCC Mrk 8 fan control temp probe that I damaged when taking the car apart, then it's ready to come off the jackstands for some low boost road testing and data logging.

David

PS: MadMikeyL, Not really interested in racing this car before delivering to new owner. I had 2 or 3 years to go from 10.04 to 9.99 and didn't get it done, and it wasn't because the car didn't have enough power. I just wasn't really serious about the track numbers because it was built to be a fast street car not a track car. Now it's going to have more power and I suspect launching it without blowing off the rear tires may be even more difficult and might require using the fancy pants electronic boost controller I have disconnected or installing a co2 assisted real deal boost controller like the serious turbocharged racers use.

David Neibert
02-08-2016, 12:40 PM
First time out of the garage under it's own power since breaking the motor in November 2013. Drove it for a couple miles around the neighborhood and everything seems fine. Throttle response feels real snappy and I had a hard time keeping it out of boost. Now I need to charge up the laptop and see if I can remember how to data log it to make sure tune is still good. Big thanks to Christopher Wise for all the help wrenching on her.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s390/DNeibert/Engine%20damage%20March%202014/tbird%201%20020716_zpscmdhkg9a.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s390/DNeibert/Engine%20damage%20March%202014/tbird%202%20020716_zpsixd4fmvd.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s390/DNeibert/Engine%20damage%20March%202014/tbird%203%20020716_zpscizmwhge.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s390/DNeibert/Engine%20damage%20March%202014/tbird%204%20020716_zpsdilmrw4g.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s390/DNeibert/Engine%20damage%20March%202014/tbird%205%20020716_zpsh07rkubv.jpg

David

nickleman60
02-08-2016, 02:26 PM
The 93 is definitely a sleeper looking car until you hear it running....................;)

David Neibert
03-24-2016, 12:45 PM
Exhaust leak is fixed and everything looks good to go for the 30 mile drive to Hyperformance on Saturday morning to check and adjust the tune for new cam.

cBWV32vUnis

David

pro street rich
03-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Exhaust leak is fixed and everything looks good to go for the 30 mile drive to Hyperformance on Saturday morning to check and adjust the tune for new cam.

cBWV32vUnis

David

That can't be your car at your house.... there is not one BUD can to be seen anywhere... what gives with that??? The car does sound good I will say that, but no Bud????...Rich

David Neibert
03-24-2016, 01:46 PM
That can't be your car at your house.... there is not one BUD can to be seen anywhere... what gives with that??? The car does sound good I will say that, but no Bud????...Rich

Rich,

Yeah...I hear ya I've been on a bit of a physical fitness thing since Jan 2015. I quit smoking cold turkey 15 months ago and then gained some more weight. Starting in Jan 2016 I've had a Fit Bit electronic tattle tale hooked to my pants. Been eating healthy and doing daily exercise and walking at least 2.5 miles a day. Part of the new diet is I try to only drink one or two beers a week and only on Friday, unless it's a special occasion. Since the 1st of the year I've lost all the weight I gained when I quit smoking, plus another 5 lbs and still on track for 1.5-2.0 lb. weight reduction a week. I feel much better and my lower back pain that made it super difficult to even wash my car, is now pretty much non existent.

David

pro street rich
03-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Rich,

Yeah...I hear ya I've been on a bit of a physical fitness thing since Jan 2015. I quit smoking cold turkey 15 months ago and then gained some more weight. Starting in Jan 2016 I've had a Fit Bit electronic tattle tale hooked to my pants. Been eating healthy and doing daily exercise and walking at least 2.5 miles a day. Part of the new diet is I try to only drink one or two beers a week and only on Friday, unless it's a special occasion. Since the 1st of the year I've lost all the weight I gained when I quit smoking, plus another 5 lbs and still on track for 1.5-2.0 lb. weight reduction a week. I feel much better and my lower back pain that made it super difficult to even wash my car, is now pretty much non existent.

David

Glad that you stopped smoking and now are working on your weight. That is one thing that I need to do as well. I am way over weight and I too need to make a plan. I know I walk a lot at work and even with that I am still over where I should be... Good luck with that and hope I can drop some weight as well....Rich

FrankenBird
03-24-2016, 08:43 PM
what a sweet car. after watching that video, BOING !..lol

decipha
03-25-2016, 02:40 PM
cool sounds like a double win!

the driver mod - body work and weight reduction

David Neibert
03-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Tuning was completed yesterday and now the street manners are better than ever. New motor gets into boost much quicker than the old one did. Almost all of the tune adjustments were to add more fuel because the new motor is moving more air. I'm guessing most of this is because of the bigger cam and small increase in displacement.

David