Back with a new SC!

joenintiesc

So my 1990 1.7 AR SC has been languishing away for the past 5 years. Marriage, house, kids, job loss, and other miscellaneous distractions kept me from continuing to dump the large sums of cash into it that any SC requires. It still needs new paint, suspension overhaul, interior refresh, AOD rebuild, and various other tweaks to the exhaust, drivetrain, etc., blah, blah, blah.

So over this past weekend I picked up the following from an SCCOA member in NH:

1994 Teal SC Auto - 136K on the clock

Paint is an 8 out of 10 (Will post pics later)

This is what has been done to the car.

Engine rebuilt - (crank cut .010/.010, bored out .020, new speed pro pistons, connecting rods rebuilt with new bushings, new bearings, new timing chain, custom grind cam, chrome moly manley pushrods, scorpion roller rockers, new lifters, heads ported and rebuilt, new timing chain cover, new water pump, new oil pump, BHJ crank dampener)

#60 injectors
Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pump (wired in the correct way with new 10 gauge wire to and from battery etc.)
quarter horse - with Dalke base tune and then adjusted by me (never been on a dyno but AFR's are right on)

Magnum Powers CAI
MP 80MM TB
C&L 80MM MAF
Magnum Powers FMIC
Magnum Powers raised top
Magnum Powers Inlet Plenum
Magnum Powers S-Port SC (rebuilt the snout last summer, someone didn't install the pulley correctly and beat up the front bearing)

Freshly rebuilt 8.8 Diff - new Ford Racing 3.73 gears, all new bearings and races, traction lok unit with new clutch pack and new axle seals, It set up beautifully with proper tolerances and pre-load, guaranteed no hum at any speed)

Kooks mid length headers
new custom 2.5, 3.0, 2.5 exhaust with magnaflow mufflers and no cats

Custom Edge torque converter - 2800 RPM stall with lockup

Griffin aluminum Radiator - (I bought it and it had a pinhole and it has been repaired)

All new Hoses - including heater hoses

10% crankshaft pulley, and a 10% SC pulley

New headlamps and corner markers (old ones were fogged out and nasty looking)

New carpet

Seats reupholstered in Gray Leather and Suede

Suspension rebuilt front and rear with all new Tokico Illumina 2's all the way around with 4 new coil springs (stock height and spring rate)

4 new Bridgestone G019 Grid Tires and 2 New Mickey Thompson Drag Radials mounted on stock 94 wheels

New headliner

No cracks in the dash, Interior looks mint and factory (no exaggeration)

Paint is very glossy and has a great shine to it.

The brake rotors are warped. I meant to swap them out but didn;t get to it.

Car runs and drives awesome. Would drive it anywhere.

The AC needs a charge. It was discharged before I bought it and I am certain some O-Rings need replaced.

The thermostat housing has the typical drip that drives us all nuts.

I have all 4 new door hinges. The ones on the car aren't terrible but they are worn.

The car was a Southern car and has no rust underneath at all. It is spotless, no joke. The floor pans, torque boxes, and rocker panels look awesome. if you put the car up in the air it looks as if it may be 3-4 years old from a little road grime but the car is straight.

It really doesn't need much at all if anything to be 100% perfect. All work has been done over the past 2,500 miles. The car hasn't seen snow, or rain since I have owned it and it doesn't appear it ever saw snow its entire life from the looks of it.

All work was done properly. I am an ASE Certified Master Tech and take great pride in my work. Again everything was done within the past 2,500 miles. It was a hobby car for me and it rarely got driven since I have owned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LeOh...ature=youtu.be

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114594100661250740663/posts

So I'm excited to get back into the SC game after buying my only other SC 20 years ago! :cool: I'll be taking the new Teal to Carlisle this year. And posting with some questions, since I already have a list of (minor) mods and upgrades on my to-do list! (Including a "minor" swap of the 1.7 AR onto the Teal at some point! :D )

teal2.jpgteal1.jpg
teal3.JPG

Teal FTW..Does it rock the svt badges on the side? I picked up my teal SC years ago and it had teh same. GOOD LUCK@@@

Thanks!! Yeah, it does have the SVT badges on it. My buddy had also had a Teal/ Opal Gray '94 many years ago.

Hey Joe! Nice new ride there ... some people don't have much love for the teal cars, but they are a nice change from all of the typical white / silver / red / blue / black SCs out there.

cheers
Ed

Hey Joe! Nice new ride there ... some people don't have much love for the teal cars, but they are a nice change from all of the typical white / silver / red / blue / black SCs out there.

cheers
Ed

Yeah, I agree! Always liked the way the Teals stand out from the crowd :cool:

Sounds like it's time to get the awesome parts you have on the 90 and build a rocket!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Wowo that was quick!.....Hey so lookng to sell some of the go fast left over over goodies?

Attachments

• 100_0661.JPG
    100_0661.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Joe,
It is good to see you back on the road again. It was a tough number of years, most drop out after hardships. It is good to see that you never strayed from your goals!
:)

Back