my 93 is doing some suspicious stuff

bumpskier45

well when it rains it pours,front end is now finished and everything is perfect. On the way home from the alignment shop while at a light it acted like it wanted to die,radio went off tach went down like I had turned the key off,then it smoothed right out again,got up to speed again and one time it acted like I had let off the gas and hit it again real fast I like to call it a hiccup. Then it drove the rest of the way home all 54 miles of it no problem at all.Not sure this is related but when the radio is off I can hear some crackling noise coming through the speakers,I was thinking I may have a ground issue,was originally thinking DIS but I don't think so.Then after I let it cool off went to park it in the garage and when I let off the clutch there was what sounded like a slight grinding noise,took it for a drive and it only makes the noise in first and only if I let off clutch real slow,if I let it out like I am trying to race it doesn't do it and not in any other gear but reverse it does it a little bit. Sorry about being long winded just trying to give you all as much information as I can.

little update I may have solved the noise from the tranny,I forgot that when I purchased the car you had to hold the gear shifter while in reverse if you didn't it would pop out of gear with to many rpm's. apparently the syncro gear that controls that also controls 1st gear,which is where it makes its noise now in first and reverse only,that sound about right?

Back